• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Forum users

Just out of interest can our moderator of this forum tell us how many people are registered in it? Also many will not be registered but just view but I assume the system cannot separate out the actional numbers but only the number of views. I suspect we also come from a very wide variety of occupations. Some are clearly of the silver haired bus pass variety like me!
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    Just out of interest can our moderator of this forum tell us how many people are registered in it? Also many will not be registered but just view but I assume the system cannot separate out the actional numbers but only the number of views. I suspect we also come from a very wide variety of occupations. Some are clearly of the silver haired bus pass variety like me!
    Automated Home Forums Statistics
    Threads 3,955
    Posts 21,189
    Members 6,194
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Shall I kick off first then. 40 + VAT (female ). Currently in learning and skills coordination in the Trade Union movement. I also indulge in my passion for spreadsheets and attempting to convert my colleagues to the wonders of them. Past occupation (all within one company) all aspects of office administration including wages, personnel, ticket reconciliation, ticket sales and not forgetting part time bus driver.
      Last edited by Mavis; 3 March 2015, 11:15 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• erik
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2015

Erik, male, 30'ish. IT Application Manager. I maintain a various pool of applications. For example our core planning and administration application with database and telephony (voip) integration. Meet with stakeholders to draw up new requirements/nive-to-haves/bugs etc., convert them to specifications/reports for the programmer. Test the programmers output. Planning the implementation process, validation testing, training, etc.

Also, network applications (wifi, vpn), video conferencing, call-center telephony and app-development (iphone/android). Majority of applications requires full redundancy as well. Because we're a relatively small company, I sometimes also have to deal with end-user support, to the point of telling them they forgot to plug in their mouse when they say their system is 'frozen' :-(

Anyway, I'm used to analyzing/fixing automated system behaviors... which comes in handy when dealing with, for example, Evohome

Comment

• Otto-Mate
          Founder
          • Jan 2004

21, male model, F1 driver and philanthropist.

M.
          Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
          www.twitter.com/ottomate
          www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Mavis
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by erik View Post

I sometimes also have to deal with end-user support, to the point of telling them they forgot to plug in their mouse when they say their system is 'frozen' :-(
            Fully sympathise - My job has involved providing end user support for e-learning packages (for the tutor rather than the learner).

Comment

• erik
              Automated Home Guru
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Otto-Mate View Post
              21, male model, F1 driver and philanthropist.

M.
              Cool story, bro

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Male, Mavis's age plus 20! Retired solicitor (hence me analysing the data protection issues elsewhere in the forum!), offspring long out of the nest. 32 inch inside leg. Have Amateur Radio Licence. Now kept busy as a School Governor and involvement in local Hospice. Private practice days used to build my own computers and install network. Then became cheaper to buy them than make them! Got LighwaveRF light switches and plug-ins all over and believe it or not am an Evohome user!

Comment

• emmeesse68
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2014

Mario, late 40s, IT as a job, engineering of any kind as a hobby, electronics degree with tons of dust and rust on top. I like networking, security, system integrations, but also home electricity and plumbing is part of what I do in my spare time. Used to build electronic stuff when I was 16, still have my old soldering iron and analog multimeter that I built myself. My heating system is a money hog. Put everything together in a ****tail glass, stir (don't shake) and you'll find the reason why I bought a EvoHome and registered to this forum...

Comment

• emmeesse68
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post
                    ...Put everything together in a ****tail glass, stir (don't shake) and you'll find the reason why I bought a EvoHome and registered to this forum...
                    ...why can't I write a word that implies mixing drinks together...? Is this forum assuming I'm talking naughty?

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post

...why can't I write a word that implies mixing drinks together...? Is this forum assuming I'm talking naughty?
                      Probably for the same reason DVLC would not issue for me the registration plate PEN 1S!

Comment

Working...
                      X