• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bazinga
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2015

HR92 relearning the heating curve

We've had our Evohome for a couple of months now, and it works well. In the near future, we plan to install additional insulation in some rooms. My question is does the HR92 constantly measure the heating curve each day and adjust itself for Optimisation purposes, or does it just calibrate itself in the first week it's installed then use the same values?

We are planning this because we live in an apartment, and it appears that the owner above us does not heat one of his rooms. This means that our corresponding room is especially cold. Luckily there is a lowered ceiling and so we consulting to see if insulation can be laid in the 1m or so gap between our ceiling and the concrete floor above. Hopefully this will help with heating this room as it can take about 2 hours to warm it up. We use optimisation to help take care of this, but obviously the answer is to improve the ratio between the radiator's output and the room's heat loss rate.

I'd like to continue to use optimisation and I'd prefer that it didn't continue to turn on 2 hours ahead of time just because that was what was required back when the system was installed. I suppose I could just delete the zone, rebind everything and it will relearn everything after that.
  • erik
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

It constantly re-learns, to compensate for weather/season influences. Can take about 2 weeks to learn sudden new circumstances. Once you do insulation, it will probably 'think' it's always summer suddenly

Comment

Working...
    X