• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
    Mmm nice. Will have a proper look at this. Tenuously linking it to heating we have a motorhome (and previously caravans) and there big thing made of not coiling the power cable up on a reel when in use because of the overheating factor. But for storage and transport purposes they should be fine.
    I melted an extension reel once when I completely forgot to unwind it and was running a small heater. The smell was horrendous! Recommend the MU. You often need to top up your phone or iPad on the move, at meetings. This folds flat, easy to carry, no sticky out bits plus drop it in your flight bag and use on a plane. They are shortly releasing a world wide version.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      I melted an extension reel once when I completely forgot to unwind it and was running a small heater. The smell was horrendous! Recommend the MU. You often need to top up your phone or iPad on the move, at meetings. This folds flat, easy to carry, no sticky out bits plus drop it in your flight bag and use on a plane. They are shortly releasing a world wide version.
      Already pledged/bought the Mu System Never ever mention a gadget to me as the next thing is I will have bought it !

Comment

• orange
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2014

any news on the improved integration with IFTTT - there was mention of including triggers ?

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by orange View Post
          any news on the improved integration with IFTTT - there was mention of including triggers ?
          Yes and no. In short many of the blockers and platform changes have now occurred to help pave the way to accommodate the massive requirements triggers will need. You may have noticed the note about platform changes, ensuring everyone has the correct version of the app etc. There are still some things on the platform which need to occur first then work can start.

All I can say it is on our roadmap.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• orange
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
            Yes and no. In short many of the blockers and platform changes have now occurred to help pave the way to accommodate the massive requirements triggers will need. You may have noticed the note about platform changes, ensuring everyone has the correct version of the app etc. There are still some things on the platform which need to occur first then work can start.

All I can say it is on our roadmap.
            bump...

still on the roadmap ?

Comment

• IvanOpinion
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Dec 2015

I've published a recipe to set a schedule override to happen at a defined time in the future.
              ifttt.com/recipes/349668-advance-timer-for-evohome

I'm an unusual user (I think), because I have Evohome installed in a scout hut, which we hire out as a community hall when not in use for scouts. On the whole, it is great, because I can set a different schedule each day, to reflect the fact that yoga on Monday wants it warmer than nursery on Tuesday and on Wednesday it is empty.

It is often hired for parties over the weekend. The times vary, so I can't use the schedule. Volunteers open up for the party hirers, but that's too late for them to switch on the heating, because it needs to warm up before the party starts. I could use the app to switch the heating on (say) an hour before the party, but I might forget or might not have connectivity. So, the answer is to set IFTTT a few days in advance, telling it when you want it to switch on the heating.

One slight problem is that the timer usually seems to fail, I think because IFTTT loses the connection to Evohome. But IFTTT tries again 15 minutes later and this seems to work. So I just set the timer an extra 15 minutes early.

Comment

Working...
              X