Evohome - 2 zone valves plus boiler relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garmcqui
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Evohome - 2 zone valves plus boiler relay?

Quick question - can the Evohome controller control one CH zone valve, one DHW zone valve and have a boiler relay too (ie: Three BDR91's)?

Thanks
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Yes, but practically, No. Basically if any HR92/80 calls for heat it will open the Boiler Relay BDR91. So, may work for you.

Comment

• garmcqui
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2015

Thanks.

Why would you not want the boiler relay to open when any BDR92 calls for heat?

Comment

• bluemike1676
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2015

I understand that is is the case but why would you want to do it. Presumably the CH zone valve is configured to control the boiler/pump through its relay. In which case any BDR91 configured as a boiler relay would be redundant.

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by garmcqui View Post
          Quick question - can the Evohome controller control one CH zone valve, one DHW zone valve and have a boiler relay too (ie: Three BDR91's)?

Thanks
          i have identified a way to configure this, however are you sure this is what you need?
          what function will the CH zone valve provide if there are HR92 on the radiators?
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• garmcqui
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2015

There are no HR92's on any radiators at present. To start, I will simply be using the Evohome to allow independent hot water / central heating control (not possible at present). Unfortunately, (due to location of expansion pipe) it's looking like the DHW zone valve will have to be located well away from the boiler, close to the water cylinder.

So I thought it may be easier to have a separate boiler relay instead of long run of twin and Earth between the zone valve and the boiler.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by garmcqui View Post
              There are no HR92's on any radiators at present. To start, I will simply be using the Evohome to allow independent hot water / central heating control (not possible at present). Unfortunately, (due to location of expansion pipe) it's looking like the DHW zone valve will have to be located well away from the boiler, close to the water cylinder.

So I thought it may be easier to have a separate boiler relay instead of long run of twin and Earth between the zone valve and the boiler.
              understood

so you need 3 relays installed bound as follows:

boiler relay wired to fire boiler/pump

hot water valve relay (single valve) wired to open hot water zv

zone valve relay (heating type zone valve) wired to CH zone valve

so get a base pack, factory reset
              guided config
              hot water config/single valve
              zoning config/ yes to boiler relay/ add heating zone type 'zone valve'

that's it

make sense?
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• garmcqui
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2015

perfect sense. Thank you.

Now, just need someone to advise on best location for zone valves (in another thread).

Comment

Working...
                X