HR92 and wireless thermostat sensors and actuators in a radiator controlled zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluemike1676
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by erik View Post
    In a single room setting, they all act upon the temperature sensing of 1 device. In the multi room setting, they act upon their own temperature sensing. So in single zone, in theory, you could have a HR92 that measures 30 degrees itself, but the master HR92 measures only 15. If the setpoint is 20, both should be open.
    Hi Erik,

If the HR92s have local intelligence and local autonomy to control their own actuator as suggested by top brake, then I don't think this will be the case. I think in your scenario the one measuring 30deg. would be closed and the one (the temp sensor master) measuring 15deg would be open and the boiler would be firing because the master sensor is measuring below the set point. Also I would add that I think this is the way it should operate with each HR92 having local autonomy. They are smart devices after all. Personally I have set all my zones with more than one HR92 as multi-room (even if they are just one room with multiple rads and HR92s), except where there is also wireless thermostat in the zone (when I am told the wireless room thermostat needs to be the only temp sensor and multi-room is not possible.)

Mike

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HelmutF View Post
      How can I unbind a thermostat from a room/zone without deleting the room/zone? In my bedroom I have two radiators but in the moment I have only one equiped with a HR92. The other one have a normal electronic thermostat. In the future I will add a second HR92 to the room. So I have to create a zone with the two HR92. Is it possible to add a second HR92 without unbinding the first HR92 or can I add the second one, without changing the first HR92.
      You can just Add the HR92 into the zone (installer menu settings edit zone, application radiator valve, follow the steps and bind - you dont need to unbind - BUT the first one bound (in this case your existing one) will be the primary
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HelmutF
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2015

Ok. Thank you. And if I understand (as you know english is not my mother tounge ) everything right the first, as you said, is the primary in a single room mode with more then one HR92. If I change the room setting to multi room/zone, every HR92 in the room measures the temperature for it's own and turns the readiator and heating in the cellar on or off.

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by bluemike1676 View Post
          Hi Erik,

If the HR92s have local intelligence and local autonomy to control their own actuator as suggested by top brake, then I don't think this will be the case. I think in your scenario the one measuring 30deg. would be closed and the one (the temp sensor master) measuring 15deg would be open and the boiler would be firing because the master sensor is measuring below the set point. Also I would add that I think this is the way it should operate with each HR92 having local autonomy. They are smart devices after all. Personally I have set all my zones with more than one HR92 as multi-room (even if they are just one room with multiple rads and HR92s), except where there is also wireless thermostat in the zone (when I am told the wireless room thermostat needs to be the only temp sensor and multi-room is not possible.)

Mike
          Both Erik and Topbrake are right.

The HR92 controls the flow, they do operate as THEY see fit. eg evohome says - we need a setpoint of 30, the HR92 (using the sensor bound into the zone) see's that its 5 degrees away so it will fully open, and more to the point when to start closing. As Erik says (and is right) there is one point of 'sensing' for the room when using an external sensor, and/or the Rads are bound as a single zone congfig. In this instance evohome carries on the 'brains' and issuing the commands for the Hr92 to act upon.

AT no point does evohome say open /close/ this much that much. evohome makes a request for heat to be achieved to match a desired point. The Hr92 uses the sensor (local or external) depending upon the config.

Eg - In my living room I have one uncovered radiator (but the other side of the room from where we mainly sit) and one covered. I have a DTS92 which acts as the sensor. It is not uncommon to hear the Rads operating independently depending on what they understand is going on - but jointly working towards maintaining the ideal temp required where the DTS92 is located.

If set as multi room and this works for you -this will work (and just as well) - whilst we advocate a master sensor (which is located near the primary comfort location) multiple HR92 set up as multizone will not harm the system and as you say the zone algorithms will work equally as well. In theory if a big room and depending on flow/furnture and entry access points, sizing of rads (you wouldnt believe how many people have wrong sized system components sometimes) and uncovered, this could be better average.

Multi zone was (and is) intended to accomodate the instance where independent living spaces are controlled via single schedule.
          External sensor configurations can only operate as a Master to a zone (as it is assumed the becuase you have opted for an additional sensor that the sensing inside the Hr92 is compromised due to location or cicumstance.

We cannot advice whether you will see 'greater' control in your configuration as its hard to determine due to rooms size, air flow etc. But we can advise it will not hurt or impeded the performance.
          Last edited by Rameses; 31 March 2015, 11:58 AM.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HelmutF View Post
            Ok. Thank you. And if I understand (as you know english is not my mother tounge ) everything right the first, as you said, is the primary in a single room mode with more then one HR92. If I change the room setting to multi room/zone, every HR92 in the room measures the temperature for it's own and turns the readiator and heating in the cellar on or off.
            That's ok - Some would say I struggle at English also.

In answer to your statement - Yes.

Comment

• HelmutF
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              In answer to your statement - Yes.
              Cool . Thanks!

And souch explainations I am missing in the documentation

Ps.: Do you know a german spoken honeywell forum?

Comment

Working...
              X