• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by courcirc8 View Post
    Erik, this was according to http://otgw.tclcode.com/matrix.cgi#thermostats but I will spy the bus when I will have my new installation to conrfirm this!

Top brake there is no "true Opentherm" or other OT, you can say you comply with OT standard as soon as you support the mandatory messages (ID 0 1 3 17 23).

Thanks for your replies.
    Courcirc8
    Er... I know for sure that EvoHome would send those values because I uploaded them to otgw.tlcode.com, after a few days of 24x7 monitoring OpenTherm traffic between my R8810 and my Ferroli BlueHelix Pro 32C with the OpenTherm gateway described at this site: http://otgw.tclcode.com/).

I live in Italy and found my R8810 with a local reseller after a little market research. The reseller reported a few problems actually getting it from Honeywell, and since I suspected my unit was faulty (due to pretty different boiler behaviour from the previous BDR91 on/off control and random communication errors), I wrote him an email (asking for support) that he forwarded to Honeywell (at least this is what he told me). After a few days he came back to me with the alleged answer from Honeywell, according to which the R8810 is not marketed nor supported in Italy. I answered that I was "a little surprised" since I actually found the R8810 in Honeywell's official price list for Italy and bought it from an authorized reseller, but, since most issues were gone after a full reset of my EvoHome and after deactivating my boiler's outside temperature compensation curve , I just gave up.

Anyway, my R8810 is working fine now, but I don't know if there's some merit from the OpenTherm Gateway that sits between it and my boiler (maybe it helps fixing compatibility issues in voltage/current/timing levels or clearing up signals) and I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of documentation about installation and troubleshooting.

Nonetheless, I'm still convinced of the superiority of OpenTherm efficiency compared to pure on/off, so I'm keeping my R8810 running. No surprise, to find help I subscribed to this forum...

Cheers

m

Comment

• courcirc8
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2014

Tank you for sharing your experience! It seems to me it is difficult to find technical documentation. I'm having problems finding very simple answers: for examples does the EconoviaFioul 18 have an OT input? I see one in the installation manual (schematic) but it is not documented. The "clone boiler" from Remeha claims OT compatibility but I'm still looking for the doc to ensure both regulations are the same.
      Regards
      Cc8

Comment

Working...
      X