• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonholley
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2015

Evohome HR92 noise 6-7 times in 30 minutes

Hi
    I've just purchased evohome and so am just getting used to it. I've had all new honeywell radiator valves and 4 HR92's. My problem is that in the bedrooms the noise from HR92s in the morning is annoying for the family. When the system comes on I don't think anyone would mind if it just opened the valve once and then settled. But it seems to keep making adjustments every 5-6 minutes. My wife counted this morning and in 30 minutes it made an adjustment 7 times! Questions
    a) is this normal?
    b) if so is there any way to make it adjust less frequently
    c) do others find it too noisy when it's quiet. I can't think it's my valves as they are all new...
    thoughts?
    Simon
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Hi Simon,

according to other posts here around and to my experience, in the first few days after their installation the HR92s prove to be quite noisy, but after the system "learns" your house, it adjusts far less frequently.

My house is in the countryside and at night it's really quiet, so I can notice my valves adjusting in other rooms. In the first 7 - 10 days they were a bit annoying but now I can barely notice them... so maybe you should just wait a week or so, without fiddling with the system too much (not to interfere with the learning process).

Cheers

m

Comment

• simonholley
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2015

Thank you. I will wait and see what happens then! Simon

Comment

• sharpener
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by simonholley View Post
        I don't think anyone would mind if it just opened the valve once and then settled ... is there any way to make it adjust less frequently?
        If it is still a nuisance after the initial learning period try turning the optimisation off. G4RHL amongst others has found this makes the operation much less "fussy" without compromising the precision of the temperature control. You might also find that having the heating start at the same time every morning is psychologically less unsettling.

Comment

Working...
        X