Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Velux Integra Roof Windows

Default Velux Integra Roof Windows

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has looked into how to control these roof windows via Cortex? I'm guessing this is going to be another item that will need to be done via the API.
    It looks like they seem to come with their own remote control and does offer the good old wall switch which would be easy to integrate.

Thanks,
    Nad

Just found that they do have an interface unit called the KLF 050 which they seem to keep quite well hidden. I've found it for sale in some European sites but not much is mentioned in the UK. It would have been nice if the had a control port that you could just plug stuff into but i guess that's hoping for a bit too much in this day and age of wireless everything

This is the only PDF I've found for it ...
    http://www.dach-shop24.de/veluxinter...ction=download
    Last edited by Nad; 4th June 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

not much detail available - for our motorised beds, we wired in-parallel with the remote control's switches ...

one-way of course, no feedback, 'though we may yet add our own reed-switches ...

is the motor-unit accessible, for wiring into it, maybe ??
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 4th June 2015 at 02:49 PM.

I'm planning to hack the ceiling fan remote to control them but unfortunately the standard Velux controller is a fancy touch pad unit.
    I really like your idea about the reed switches for the feed back circuit, didn't even really think about that.

I don't know if the motor unit is accessible as I haven't got our 1st window yet. Should get my hands on one in a few weeks time.

Thanks,
    Nad

Yes it looks like the wall switch interface could be the simple solution and Cortex does have a dedicated object for managing that kind of appliance (using relays in place of the buttons). If Velux are releasing a web based REST API for their stuff then Cortex will pretty soon be able to communicate via that route (spoilers ;-) ), though the proof will be in the specifics..

our bed's remote was wired to the motor-unit, so all we had to do was take the remote apart to decipher how the wires (few) were connected to the various button switches (many), then cut the cable & reconnect the two ends via Idratek relays ...

so, easier than with the wireless Velux touch-panel - OTOH, their receiver has to interface with their motor-unit in some way, and page two here seems to show the receiver unit wired to the motor-unit ... :

http://www.professional.velux.co.uk/...c%20update.pdf

so, maybe the same trick could be applied in your case, too ... ?
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 6th June 2015 at 10:25 AM.

That's a good point Chris. If the receiver unit is not integral then there may well be access to the motors and perhaps even feedback. On the other hand one might have to be careful to check that the motor control in the receiver is not doing something a bit more sophisticated than simply on/off, e.g if doing current sensing to check for stall in the receiver electronics rather than this being in the window. I suppose if it has been a simple add on evolution from older mechanical switches you'd think it would be the latter.

These things are not cheap so I'd also like to keep my warranty in tact for as long as possible
    Still haven't ordered the 1st one yet, will update once i get my hands on one of them.

Thanks,
    Nad

IIUC, they communicate with the controller by radio - 868MHz, the brochure mentions - wonder if that means they could be compatible with HomeEasy (& so the Idratek modules of that ilk) ... ???

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I have the older Velux solar powered blinds, which come with a simple RF remote control. There must be some kind of encoding/binding process because you can assign a particular blind to a given remote control (I have mine all operating from the same one).

I'd assume that the newer kit still uses the same RF and control protocols.

Automated Home Sr Member

We're just getting some quotes in for an extension that will have 3 Velux roof windows. I wrote to their sales team asking about integration to an existing home auto system. They wrote back very quickly and said "We have an Interface that you can wire directly into (KLF 100) if your products are IO home control compatible. I have attached a link for the fitting instructions below for you".

http://installers.velux.co.uk/V-GB/I...enFileResource

This looks promising.