• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

New App update / password save issues.

App update / password save issues.

After a recent app update some users are reporting that they need to re-enter their username and password each time they use the app. This has been investigated and an urgent revision is being constructed. Android users will receive this very quickly. iOS users will be a few days later due to Apple Store submission process.

We will post up as soon as the corrected App is live.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
    App update / password save issues.

After a recent app update some users are reporting that they need to re-enter their username and password each time they use the app. This has been investigated and an urgent revision is being constructed. Android users will receive this very quickly. iOS users will be a few days later due to Apple Store submission process.

We will post up as soon as the corrected App is live.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Any update as yet? This is a real pain and I would have expected a fix by now unless the last release was a major rewrite?
    Thanks.

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Just found the separate thread on this and that the interim fix is to reinstall. Done that and appears to have solved so can now appreciate that not so urgent a fix.
      Thanks

Comment

• Rameses
        Industry Expert
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        Just found the separate thread on this and that the interim fix is to reinstall. Done that and appears to have solved so can now appreciate that not so urgent a fix.
        Thanks
        SteveP - Thanks. Yes an interim fix is to remove and re-install the app. We are communicating this via our customers services mechanisms. A new App (which was planned anyway, but has this fix now included) is being submitted and published with then ext day or so.
        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
          SteveP - Thanks. Yes an interim fix is to remove and re-install the app. We are communicating this via our customers services mechanisms. A new App (which was planned anyway, but has this fix now included) is being submitted and published with then ext day or so.
          Ver 3.1.0 of the app is now live on Android. This was a planned update - but installing will fix the password issue as well.

iOS submission is in process - please ensure auto update is enabled.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

The latest version of the IOS App (Version 3.1.0) downloaded from the App Store today (30th June) still wipes all user information on installation. IOS Version 8.3. Same for IPhone and iPad.

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
              The latest version of the IOS App (Version 3.1.0) downloaded from the App Store today (30th June) still wipes all user information on installation. IOS Version 8.3. Same for IPhone and iPad.
              Yes it will on initial install. As this is a different version. But the details remain post install.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                Founder
                • Jan 2004

Yup, 3.1.0 saves my details again after re-inserting them on initial run.

M.
                Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                www.twitter.com/ottomate
                www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Thanks - I agree the app is retaining log in the information.

Comment

Working...
                  X