• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PRH
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2015

Boiler Comms Fault Message

Hello all - Newbie alert! Great forum by the way.

I have installed the Evo System myself. I have the controller, four rad valves, the hot water kit and an underfloor heating zone (not Honeywell). I also have the App on my ipad.

The system works brilliantly doing exactly as asked. However, every morning I get up to the fault "Comms Fault Boiler Relay, Please check system or contact installer". Currently there is nothing on at that time of the day so guess the system is just doing a standard check.

I have not done the comms check as the whole system is working fine so the boiler comms must be working.

The log shows the error at a strange time of the early morning 01:17 for the FAULT and 22:07 for the RESTORE.

Any thoughts from anyone on what to check would be appreciated though not desperate as all is working OK.
    Last edited by PRH; 17 June 2015, 07:48 PM. Reason: Correct fault times added
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I can't give you an answer but my log shows a couple of occasions when it says there was a hot water valve fault but when it arose in one case it was when the hot water would not be on. No need for a fault to show. The other case was when the hot water was on but it functioned without issue so assume a momentary lapse when there was a signal drop or possibly interference from somewhere else.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

welcome!

how did you configure the system in guided config?

S Plan or single hot water valve with boiler relay?

Sounds like you have a mis-bound heating/boiler relay
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• PRH
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jun 2015

Thank you both.

I configured the system as I built it up rathen than guided.

It is indeed S-Plan.

I will rebind the boiler relay when the loft cools down and see if that fixes it.

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2014

I had this; it was a faulty BDR91. Kindly replaced by TheEvohomeShop and been perfectly behaved ever since.

Comment

• PRH
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jun 2015

Ah, interesting and thank you for your reply.

As I already had the underfloor heating and the boiler connected to BDR91s before I put the EVO Home in, I just happen to have a couple of spares so will replace and rebind thus eliminating both the binding and BRD91 advice.

I shall report back my findings....

Thanks all
            Last edited by PRH; 19 June 2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• PRH
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jun 2015

Great news - no error shown this morning after I replaced the BRD91 yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Looks like the forum has solved another problem.

Many thanks to all and hope this helps anyone else that comes across the same issue.

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by PRH View Post
                Great news - no error shown this morning after I replaced the BRD91 yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Looks like the forum has solved another problem.

Many thanks to all and hope this helps anyone else that comes across the same issue.
                great glad you got it resolved
                I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
                X