Heating off but radiators warm.... (EvoHome issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Rebound the BDR91 as a Boiler relay with no valves again just in case and still seeing it being switched on during the day at intervals despite the Evohome Controller being set to Heating Off! Any suggestions Honeywell guys?
    Thanks

Comment

• erik
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2015

Sorry if this has been asked before. Did you reset the BDR91 to clear any old bindings?

Comment

• SteveP
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by erik View Post
        Sorry if this has been asked before. Did you reset the BDR91 to clear any old bindings?
        Hi, no it hasn't been asked but I did do the clear before the rebind

Comment

• erik
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2015

Maybe need a new BDR91.

What Evohome really needs is a way to diagnose things properly though. Why is the BDR91 turning on? What's triggering it?

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
            Site Sponsor
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Hi Paul, the combi is working fine. The issue is that the BDR91 randomly calls for heat (green led on the BDR91 lights up) even though the Evohome controller is set to Heating off. That's the baffling part. I originally had the old monochrome controller for 2 years and replaced it with the new colour one September last year. Everything has been working fine but it is only this summer with the new colour controller that I have noticed this odd behaviour. Shame the system doesn't advise which of the 9 zones is calling for heat, that way I would be able to at least narrow down the problem.
            Did you replace the BDR91 or did you keep the MK1 evohome Controllers BDR91 and rebound it with the new controller? Any chance of a photo of the installation please?

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

• SteveP
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
              Did you replace the BDR91 or did you keep the MK1 evohome Controllers BDR91 and rebound it with the new controller? Any chance of a photo of the installation please?

Thanks,

Richard
              Hi Richard, I used the new BDR91 when I installed the new controller just in case. Anyway, have done a classic IT fix and reinitialised the controller from scratch and hey presto no more BDR91 random switch on. lol. I love IT (yep that's my business too)
              thanks for everyone's ideas :-)
              Steve

Comment

• davidaj
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                Hi Richard, I used the new BDR91 when I installed the new controller just in case. Anyway, have done a classic IT fix and reinitialised the controller from scratch and hey presto no more BDR91 random switch on. lol. I love IT (yep that's my business too)
                thanks for everyone's ideas :-)
                Steve
                Hi Steve - when you say reinitialised, do you mean "switched it off and on", or something more severe?

Comment

• SteveP
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by davidaj View Post
                  Hi Steve - when you say reinitialised, do you mean "switched it off and on", or something more severe?
                  Hi David, I did the full factory reset and an overnight battery pull to clear any residual memory. I then did a full rebind and set up - So the full monty! Must admit it was sooo much quicker to create the full zoning and schedule using the android app rather than the controller as the last time I set the controller up I didn't have the gateway. So that was nice. Just a pain having to rebind all the rad valves as I have 14 of them plus 2 wall controllers. Worth it though to now have the unit behaving again :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X