Wrong time zone!

Can anyone explain this?

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Note the time at the top of the screen!

If you can't see it, it's just after 7, but the 13 degrees target temp shouldn't kick in until 8am.

The clock on the controller is correct. And all other zones are correct.

P.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 3 December 2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

hi Paul
      is optimisation on?
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

Yes. Would that cause the app to report the wrong target temp?

P.

Comment

• SteveP
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2012

Only if you have optimum stop on would I expect that. Certainly on my system optimum start shows the target temp as earlier than the schedule time based on the fact that when it start to optimise that is what it is attempting to get to.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
            Yes. Would that cause the app to report the wrong target temp?

P.
            if it is optimising it wont be the incorrect target.
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Hmmm... two ways to view that. I'd argue that, from the end user's point of view, the target that they care about is the scheduled one! If optimisation is able to maintain that target (ish) without firing the boiler than all well and good, but it's confusing to display 13.5 degrees as a target when I've told the system that 18 degrees is the target!

Especially as, on the app, there's no way to know that this is due to optimisation. It just looks like the system has got things wrong!

P.

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

it can look a bit odd on the app. The controller though does have the optimisation icon so you can see that is what it is doing. I am used to it now so if I saw it showing 18 degrees right up until the schedule time and I had optimum stop on I would wonder what had gone wrong!. It is a case of the mental paradigm shift I suppose.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

I always use the "Nan test". Could I explain how it currently works to my nan? Probably not.

P.

Comment

• Mavis
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Oct 2014

I have had something similar but the opposite - most recently on Sunday.

I turned the heat up in the living room via (I think) the controller at around 2pm. The next set point was 3pm. When I looked at around 4.30pm the app and the controller were still showing the override (and the app stated that the override was until 3pm).

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                      I have had something similar but the opposite - most recently on Sunday.

I turned the heat up in the living room via (I think) the controller at around 2pm. The next set point was 3pm. When I looked at around 4.30pm the app and the controller were still showing the override (and the app stated that the override was until 3pm).
                      I too have found that a manual override done by adjusting the TRV yourself does not always cancel out as it should at the next set time. I have had it happen on a couple of occasions. Got no idea why. It cannot be signal strength as the usual messages get through, it is just that one zone does not revert back to set times when it should. Not always the same zone and not every time. According to Offcom's wireless checker the signal strength is fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X