• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Honeywell connect outage

Has anyone else been having issues with the Honeywell connect iPhone app today ?

I first started noticing problems at 8am and it has been happening on and off all day right up until this evening and still going.

On launching the app it sometimes displays a message saying "The service is currently unavailable due to planned maintenance. Please check back later" however the website link provided in the app says "Service fully operational".

Sometimes launching the app hangs indefinitely on a spinner, and sometimes it prompts me to re-enter my login credentials. It seems all over the place, sometimes it will log in and let me make one change then it loses the connection again.

The controller itself does not report any problem with its connection to the Honeywell servers and my temperature graphing (which polls the old version 1 API from a Raspberry Pi on the same network as the Evotouch) has only missed one 5 minute polling period all day long and is showing valid temperature data, so it only seems to be affecting the "new" API that the iPhone app uses and not the upstream connection from the evotouch or the old API...

I have also had a lot more "Alert: Failed zone change" email alerts than "usual" over the last few days - it seems its nearly impossible to make multiple changes in a quick succession in the iPhone app without receiving these alerts and some actions not being acted on. For example even cancelling the "heating off" action then trying to immediately re-enable the "Day off" action sometimes results in a failure alert and the action not being performed. Another example would be manually overriding 2-3 zones in a row. Chances of this working without at least one of the changes not going through is slim.

Not very confidence inspiring when I always need to go back and double check any changes I have made from the phone app to make sure they were actually actioned as initially claimed by the apps user interface...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 28 December 2015, 11:46 PM.
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Getting same here.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• peterf
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2015

Yep. me too. Affected both IOS and Android apps from around 8:15am until 11:15pm.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

The V2 API certainly appears more flakey. When it goes intermittent like that it's like one server in a cluster or load balanced group is failing. It has been happening for a while now.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Had the same message yesterday but all seems OK now.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

there was a short outage as you experienced, all is fine now

sorry for the loss of disruption to the service - its being investigated
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
              Founder
              • Jan 2004

Thanks fir the update top brake.

M.
              Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
              www.twitter.com/ottomate
              www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Seems to be back up again here too.

It remains to be seen whether the intermittent "Alert: Failed zone change" when trying to perform multiple actions in a row is fixed or not, as I have had that ever since I've had the evohome system. (a few weeks now)

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

There is a health check indicator on the Europe.mytotalconnectcomfort.com site now it's saying fully operation status green
                  I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

It said that from 8:15am until 11:15pm during the outage.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

Yes I also checked that several times during the outage and it always said there were no problems...

Comment

Working...
                      X