• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Samsung Smart things + evohome

Small update - final testing is being done. Should be soon.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Where's the like button?

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Like! Like! Like!

Comment

• SteveP
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2012

will it allow me to control my evohome from my Samsung gear s2 classic smartwatch????

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          will it allow me to control my evohome from my Samsung gear s2 classic smartwatch????
          I am not sure how the Samsung Smartwatch works but I am already able to control my Evohome with my Apple Watch (via IFTTT).

Comment

• SteveP
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
            I am not sure how the Samsung Smartwatch works but I am already able to control my Evohome with my Apple Watch (via IFTTT).
            the gear s2 has the tizen operating system but I believe there may be a Samsung store app that does interface to ifttt. So, will have a look.

Comment

• jzwack-honeywell
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2016

I am also excited for this one to finally be released!
              developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                Is there a IFTTT "app" on the relevant site to download or did you write it yourself

Comment

• Mavis
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  Is there a IFTTT "app" on the relevant site to download or did you write it yourself
                  Here you go - it is actually a DO recipe (there are IF recipes and DO recipes. The DOs are one touch buttons. (If you are browsing for a recipe you need to select DO at the top of the page.)

These are the published ones that I have based mine on. (my user name on IFTTT is mavis1999 if you want to see what I have got)

Log in to your IFTTT account to manage Applets and get more, to explore new services, and to see your account information.

Log in to your IFTTT account to manage Applets and get more, to explore new services, and to see your account information.

Comment

• WarmBumble
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Feb 2015

Not sure if others are aware, over on the Zwave section of the forum, there has been some work on decoding the API for Python control, which built on that which has been done here. I'm also a Vera ZWave enthusiast for HA and have that with a RFX433Hz controller. There has been some work on the Mia Casa forum on using the work from the API decoding to enable control of the Evohome environment from within a HA setup. The plug in developed so far works for US and Euro based Evohome setups (different API's). I've got it working in conjunction with Lightwave lighting control, Visonic alarm control, Evohome and Somfy window blind controls. You can build all sorts of 'scenes' to control things based on anything that the various components can recognise as well as external information such as sun down and up time for your particular location, external weather information etc. As an example my external lights at the front door go on when I get within 1 KM of the house (iphone GSM proximity) and the sun has already gone down. I have alarm sensors which in addition to their primary role also switch lights on when movement is detected. An app for the Vera controller also integrates with iPhone and Watch control.

I appreciate that Smart Things looks promising, I just cant help but be frustrated by the pace at which things appear and the real lack of useful functionality. I started out in this journey just implementing Evohome (for good reasons), I've just extended the level of control and integration. Each of the individual components works independently, but also together...without waiting for a Samsung or Apple to add their 2 cents or should I say considerable $$$$$s.

Comment

• MrB
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Oct 2015

@WarmBumble

I'm the same as you - finding it's necessary to do your own thing to get everything to the real "Smart Home" level - there are now too many different cooks in the kitchen with their own cook books.

It needs a standard method - but I guess companies want to do their own thing to try and tie punters to them - normal practice (unfortunately) for a business, but it sure doesn't help us.

Their currently is a cat-in-hells-chance of a single 'controller' being available to manage all the different technologies and APIs - Samsung can try, but it will be focussed on the Samsung view of life - not ours.

Comment

Working...
                      X