• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aristoteles
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2013

Room cleared by house object

In some of our rooms we have chosen not to have lights controlled automatic. So the setting is "Manual control only". In those rooms I have tried using the "on delayed unoccupied trigger" to ensure the lights does not stay on after the room is unoccupied.

It turns out however that the lights tend to go off quite randomly as it appeared and after some investigation i found that it was "Room NN cleared by house object" that caused the lights to be turned off even though it was still occupied. I´ve been trying to figure out how I could prevent this "house object" from clearing the room, but I don´t seem to be able to find that setting.

Any ideas where I can find it or should I solve this quite differently?
    Kind Regards
    Glenn
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

have vague recollections of having seen House object clearing before, can't recall details ...

however, in situations where we've wanted what you seem to be wanting, in our case for auxiliary lighting devices (eg: shaving mirror light), we've defined the Relays as On/Off Load, type Lamp ... and connected their Turn Off connection to Room - On Unoccupied ... not had a problem, and imagine Delayed Unoccupied would work just as well ...

HTH

Chris
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Viv
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2004

Visit
      House object | Limit number of rooms that can be considered occupied... | Maximum allowed...

Increase as required.

Viv

Comment

• Aristoteles
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2013

Thanks Viv, that solved it. However the maximum value I can set seems to be 10. I have ap 35 rooms and theoretically they could all be occupied the same time. Any way of increasing the no above 10?
        /Glenn

Comment

• Viv
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Aristoteles View Post
          Thanks Viv, that solved it. However the maximum value I can set seems to be 10. I have ap 35 rooms and theoretically they could all be occupied the same time. Any way of increasing the no above 10?
          /Glenn
          Will increase on next release

Viv

Comment

Working...
          X