• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aspender
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2015

Evohome phantom zones

I appear to have two phantom un-named zones appear against my Evohome install. They don't show up on the Controller, but do within the iOS app and the API. Both appeared with a set point of 65C (I think, I've since set them permanently to 5C) with one reporting a constant temperature of 3C and one no temperature at all.

As far as I can see this has no actual impact on my system - it doesn't cause a call for heat, but is simply annoying. Anybody seen similar and been able to get rid of them? I guess I need to contact Honeywell.

IMG_2512 (1).jpg
  • ccourtney
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2016

I have had the same experience twice now since I installed the system in October 2015. I am not sure what triggers the phantom zones to appear but just like you experienced, they only show up on the Android app and in my case the unofficial Windows app and NOT the controller itself.

I spoke to Honeywell Technical Support who said the issue was at the server end. i.e. the phantom zone is being stored and presented from the server. They did not explain why it happens but they did offer the solution to getting rid of the phantom zone.

Select Locations
    Choose the Location that is exhibiting the phantom zone
    Remove/Delete the location
    Now just go through the steps of adding the location again. (You can give it the same name as before)
    Once the location has been successfully added the phantom zones will have disappeared in the apps

Don't forget if you gave other users access rights to the Evohome system then you will just need to once again grant them access. Their email address and details will have remained associated with your account, so you just need to tick the box that allows them to have access to the system. (Go to Account\Location Permissions area)

Hope this works for you too.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by aspender View Post
      I appear to have two phantom un-named zones appear against my Evohome install. They don't show up on the Controller, but do within the iOS app and the API. Both appeared with a set point of 65C (I think, I've since set them permanently to 5C) with one reporting a constant temperature of 3C and one no temperature at all.

As far as I can see this has no actual impact on my system - it doesn't cause a call for heat, but is simply annoying. Anybody seen similar and been able to get rid of them? I guess I need to contact Honeywell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]664[/ATTACH]
      please contact Honeywell support with your registered email address and mac ID and they will investigate/resolve this issue for you
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
      X