X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Hi Shaun, Don't forget that if you use the app to change the security setting it will knock off any optimum start and optimum stop processes that are in progress. A fix was promised for this in a December release and subsequently and February release but it's still yet to materialise.

Certainly the suggested site for configuration appears far better. When finishing configuration changes however I get "Firmware upgradation has failed due to an internal server error" which appears to suggest that the firmware is potentially upgradable.

Also a query on the configuration page. There's a tick box for "Activate Part Silent Mode". A google search doesn't yield much on that. Anyone know what it is?
    Last edited by peterf; 26 February 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      Assuming you have looked in the battery compartment of the SEF8M does it look easy to take the batteries out and hard wire in from an indoor source? I have in mind the wish to avoid going up ladders to change batteries every few years and if the batteries are in a box in my loft then it would be easy for me to run a cable from the same, through the wall into the back of the SEF8M.
      I read somewhere the batteries last 4 years on the siren - but if you're not up and down on your ladder then it would be a doddle to take (unsolder) the +/- cables on the battery box and transfer them through the wall. The siren electronics are all in a perspex case, so you'll see immediately how to do it - although it may compromise any water-resistance in the unit if you do this.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2017

The 'activate part silent mode' confused me as well - most likely to be no beeps when you fully arm the system - called part silent, because if an intrusion occurs it will make a noise, but when you leave its quiet.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2017

Looks like integration to Smartthings isn't happening any day now (or ever for Security) so I was going to use the Honeywell SmartPlug facility to have the 'Arm' facility switch it off/on so what its connected to (TBC) will trigger a Smartthings event (Could be as simple as a Hue bulb, or something like that).

Its for the Sucre range of alarms - but they're the same as Evohome Security

link here https://www.security.honeywell.com/u...PG-EN-DS-Z.pdf

BUT the problem is, I've not found anyone that sells the SMPG-UK smart plug - does anyone know where I can obtain one of these ?

Honeywell pointed me to a series of trade distributors, but I'm just an ordinary consumer and I only want one....

Comment

• philchillbill
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2017

I just bought the SMPG-EU device online in Holland for EUR 92. Might not be the end of the world to have a Schuko instead of UK socket if you use an adapter? I can confirm it works with Evohome despite officially being a Le Sucre / Domonial product. The instructions don't tell you how to bind it but you have to hold the button on the front pressed for a few seconds while logged in to tc20e and it binds.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Feb 2017

That's good news so far. By using the tc20e website are you able to assign rules for this switch ? For example, switch on when armed and off when disarmed (or vice-versa) ???

Comment

• philchillbill
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2017

Yep. See the screen capture below:

x.jpg

I have a Canary IP camera plugged into this smart plug so it's completely powered off (and therefore un-hackable) while we are at home. I think I'll also plug a z-wave transmitter into it so that Domoticz will know when the alarm is armed/disarmed. That way I can turn on/off the schedules for automatic light switching events used as a deterrent while we're away but a nuisance while at home. I currently tell Alexa I'm leaving home or returning to achieve this but it will be better when linked to the Evohome Security tag reader or remote fob directly (well, quite indirectly actually )

EDIT: In the end I wound up regularly pinging the Canary plugged into the SMPG and if it's alive it means the alarm system must be armed whereas if it does not respond to pinging the SMPG must be off. This allows Domoticz to 'know' when the alarm is armed without needing additional hardware.
                Last edited by philchillbill; 29 August 2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Feb 2017

Does the home automation tab appear when you bind the SMPG ? As I don't have that yet. But looks good, and exactly what I need..

Comment

• philchillbill
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Shaun Reinson View Post
                    Does the home automation tab appear when you bind the SMPG ? As I don't have that yet. But looks good, and exactly what I need..
                    Yes, it automagically appeared after the SMPG was bound. I also noticed this morning that the Activity Feed had an entry for 'Smart plug Living room Canary OFF' when the system was disarmed so it's a loggable event.

Comment

• peterf
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2015

I see that the latest app update has finally resolved the bug whereby disarming the system via the app knocked off any optimum start and optimum stop operations.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Feb 2017

Is that on some release notes, or just through your testing ?

Comment

• peterf
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2015

Honeywell advised me of the following on 28th Feb when I complained the promised update hadn't materialised:

We still have your case on file. Unfortunately the planned app upgrade that was communicated as intended for December last year did not happen.

There is a scheduled new app release due 7th March which will address the issue you were experiencing.

We apologise for the delay but trust that this will put this matter to bed at last.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Both iPhone and Android apps updated recently and I was able to confirm that it was fixed this morning, although it's not listed in the release notes which only refer to various bug fixes.

Comment

Working...
                          X