Thread: Honeywell HGI80 - Silly question

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Honeywell HGI80 - Silly question

Hi

Just got my HGI80, are there any manuals online for this? - tried looking and found nothing apart from an install.
    Is the button in the corner a 'bind' button and should the button light a colour when pressed? It's hard to tell if the unit is good or dead.

Cheers
    Neil

Automated Home Ninja

Hi,
    no there aren't any manuals for the HGI80 as it's a device designed to be connected to a Home Automation system e.g. Somfy. The best information available online is in Forums gained by enthusiasts who've used the device. I've found the Domoticz forum to be the best source. I've never found a use for the button/led and all its controls are via software e.g. Domoticz.

Dan

Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the reply, are you able to confirm if the button should light at all when pressed? - i'm trying to work out if the unit is dead.

Neil

Automated Home Ninja

Hi Neil,

The button on my HGI80 does nothing at all even when connected via USB to a machine with coreect driver setup etc (just quickly tested it to make sure). I don't think it has ever lit up. If I had to test that one was working, I'd just plug it into a Windows machine & see if the harware wizard kicked in. The driver install will fail as it's not available from Windows update, but should at least confirm that it's alive.

Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan

Thats a good idea, was busy trying to sort other things that I didn't think to power up my Windows machine and test it on that.
    Thanks for your help

Neil