• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M4tty
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2016

Hr80 with evohome

Hi all

Got a hr80 sync'd up with my evohome and rf tested everything is fine, I'm wondering if I need to put the hr80 into a setting manually or just leave it as it is?

The hr80 has 20 degrees with the evohome reading 19 as a room temp
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

I'm using a few HR80's in my EvoHome setup. They work completly fine. Main difference is you need them as sensor and actuator, whereas HR92's only need bound once and bind as both. Work exactly like the HR92's do.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
      I'm using a few HR80's in my EvoHome setup. They work completly fine. Main difference is you need them as sensor and actuator, whereas HR92's only need bound once and bind as both. Work exactly like the HR92's do.
      Had the evohome not supported the HR80s, I would have still been on the Hometronic system. The HR80s work absolutely fine but obviously lack a few local features. The HR80 lcd only displays the setpoint and not the current temperature.

Comment

• MichaelD
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by M4tty View Post
        Hi all

Got a hr80 sync'd up with my evohome and rf tested everything is fine, I'm wondering if I need to put the hr80 into a setting manually or just leave it as it is?

The hr80 has 20 degrees with the evohome reading 19 as a room temp
        Not sure what you mean by 'put the hr80 into a setting manually'. Once its linked in to the EvoHome that will control the HR80, unless you override it with the disc on the top of the HR80. Normally you'd just let the EvoHome control all the HR80s.

On your second point, are you using a separate device to provide temperature, or using the sensor in the HR80?

Comment

Working...
        X