• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cchris
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by victorp1612 View Post
    I was able to link my TCC account with my Alexa account this morning ( I'm in Ireland ) : I got the following message ' Alexa has been successfully linked with Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Europe.'
    I can also see all my devices now
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]824[/ATTACH]
    Device is still in transit so will have to wait to play around
    It appears that if people have already been using an Echo, it will still be registered to the US site. And therefor the US skills list.

At present the only skill Im missing is the Honeywell TCC. I have read that if the device is set up purely as a UK model and there are no links to the US skills list, then you may well lose the ability to access IFTTT through the Echo. If this is the case, then it's a bit of a toss up between losing the IFTTT functionality or not having direct Alexa control over the heating. I reckon I may sit on the fence until others report back their experience with TCC and Echo, as the connection to IFTTT is quite useful (although not impossible to workaround its loss using smartthings virtual buttons and switches).

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

Wow - just installed Echo, logged into the Honeywell account; it asked me to discover devices; it discovered all zones; I asked Alexa to set the temperature in the Reading Room to 23 degrees. IT DID IT!

What more can I say? Clever Amazon and clever Honeywell!

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

I just connected Echo to my UK Honeywell account; it discovered 12 zones; and it works - only took 5 minutes! Chris

And here is the proof: https://youtu.be/Opjo5DuqOVo

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Hot water command coming soon - standby
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

It's good that DWH is coming. Quick Actions are the very obvious bit of the jigsaw missing at the moment. Alexa set heating to Eco would be brilliant.

Luckily, at the moment, the Alexa-SmarThings integration seems to ignore thermostats. But its's going to get interesting when it does, because you'll end up with two clashing ways to change the temp of a zone! That is, assuming the official integration ever gets out of the door. Until then David's version is working well here.

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
              It's good that DWH is coming. Quick Actions are the very obvious bit of the jigsaw missing at the moment. Alexa set heating to Eco would be brilliant.

Luckily, at the moment, the Alexa-SmarThings integration seems to ignore thermostats. But its's going to get interesting when it does, because you'll end up with two clashing ways to change the temp of a zone! That is, assuming the official integration ever gets out of the door. Until then David's version is working well here.
              Standby . . ( I know I keep saying that )
              getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
                Think again sadly.

Have just moved the app over to the UK version, LOTS of stuff missing, including IFTTT.

The skill for total connect comfort still does not log in. I go to tthe total connect comfort web site and can log in fine. My evohome app on my phone logs in fine. Try giving the credentials to the alexa app and it states incorrect username or password.

This simply isnt working outside of the US, and it appears that Honeywell or Amazon have somewhat dropped the ball on the deployment to the UK.

Thos who have never had the Echo, will probably never know what they are missing, or will be dissapointed that they cant do half the stuff they have seen people doing on US youtube videos. Those of us that have spent a bit of time integrating Echo with suff like IFTT and other items will feel like its taken a big step backaward.

Though in reference to this thread, even with the UK Echo App, it does not connect to totalconnect comfort, even though the skill is listed in the UK app. It simply doesn't allow you to log in.
                We are told IFTTT coming - glad you got evohome working ok - Hot water coming - as are quick actions

Comment

• Cchris
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                  We are told IFTTT coming - glad you got evohome working ok - Hot water coming - as are quick actions
                  Evohome is working fine (though I dont often have cause to use it as the schedule Ive set rarely needs tweaking). Ive overcome the hotwater issue, by having a simulated momentarty switch in smartthings called "hot water" - this is in turn linked to an IFTTT routine that turns the hot water on for an hour. Though I could probably set it for just 30 minutes to get enough for the kids bath.

I must say though that I really don't like the layout of the revamped evohome app on android (assume its the same on iOS), though thats for another thread.

Comment

• radar2016
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2016

I have found that I can switch my evohome on and off with echo dot, but what I really need is override so that it returns to custom when a certain time has a alapsed, can IFTTT recipe control this as an override.
                    The evohome controller works great with set program, I just want to be able to tweak it if we get a sudden cold spell

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

All quick actions can be set either permanently or for a timed duration.

Comment

• radar2016
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2016

I have got Echo Dot to work with Evohome, "Alexa make my lounge 21 degrees" and it did.

I am pleased with it now!

Comment

• PushButtonHome
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Jul 2016

After a bit of playing I finally got the Echo Dot to work with both Philips Hue and Evohome. "Alexa turn the living room temperature to 20 degrees" resulted in her dimming the lights to 20!

So ... Alexa loves to use and understands 'groups'. The heating groups are now 'Kitchen heating', 'Living room heating' etc., and the light groups 'Kichen lights', 'Living room lights' etc.

She happily recognises the 'heating' or 'lights' part when you speak to her and she actions a request correctly.

As for Alexa recognising scenes (for Hue) ... that just doesn't happen for me at the moment.

Comment

• radar2016
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Mar 2016

(So ... Alexa loves to use and understands 'groups'. The heating groups are now 'Kitchen heating', 'Living room heating' etc., and the light groups 'Kichen lights', 'Living room lights' etc.

She happily recognises the 'heating' or 'lights' part when you speak to her and she actions a request correctly.)

Does the heating return to schedule as set on Evohome controller, Or do you have to say"Alexa Stop"?

I was so pleased when I got her to recognise all the separate zones, then 12 0'clock at night I realised the heating was still on.

I am going to wait until IFTTT is included in Skills

Comment

• PushButtonHome
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by radar2016 View Post
                              Does the heating return to schedule as set on Evohome controller, Or do you have to say"Alexa Stop"?
                              Yes, she will only temporarily change the setting until the next evohome event as per your programmed schedule.

Comment

• radar2016
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by PushButtonHome View Post
                                Yes, she will only temporarily change the setting until the next evohome event as per your programmed schedule.
                                Yes That is what I thought would happen when the next event on Evohome is triggered, but it seems Alexa is not letting that happen. I will have to do a bit more digging.

What exactly did you say to Alexa?

Comment

Working...
                                X