• Show
Clear All
  • jonn
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2011

Bind HR80 to evohome wifi

Hi

Following on from this thread:

http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ith-frustation!

Every time I try and bind an HR80 radiator valve to my wifi evohome system, it seems to bind fine, but then the boiler relay will enter failsafe mode and trigger for a few minutes every 10 minutes. If I delete the zone and reset the boiler relay, it will behave as normal.

For those of you that have HR80s with the wifi evohome, what was the binding process you followed? If I follow the following process it all seems to go OK, but then the boiler will kick in 10 mins later...

"I Created a new zone, added an HR80 (pressed bind button when putting batteries in to clear previous menu. Pressed bind again when requested by the controller. Waited until it stopped saying 'SYNC'. Pressed next on controller, pressed bind again, waited until it stopped saying sync then the green tick on the controller). Display of HR80 shows the desired set temp (5C as the system is 'off'). Controller shows room temp from HR80."

Anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks

Jon
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

see page 22/23 of this manual, takes you through step by step

sounds like you are missing a binding step/not pressing the button on the bottom of the HR80 for the second time?

I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• jonn
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      see page 22/23 of this manual, takes you through step by step

sounds like you are missing a binding step/not pressing the button on the bottom of the HR80 for the second time?

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...stallation.pdf
      Hi

I followed that to the letter - pressing bind twice.. For some reason it all appears to work (HR80 reports air temp back the the head unit, HR80 displays target temp on display and responds to updates) but the boiler failsafe will start to kick in every 10 mins. Delete the pairing and the zone and the failsafe stops...

I went out and bought new HR92s to replace the HR80s to get around the problem in the end

Thanks

Jon

Comment

Working...
      X