Questions about evotouch - HR92 and temperature measure on T87RF in the same zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wojgp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2016

Questions about evotouch - HR92 and temperature measure on T87RF in the same zone

Hi
    I have evohome evotouch main module (older model without built-in wifi) with HR92 motorised valve and a T87RF sensor. Is it possible to bind HR92 to the same zone as T87RF and use T87RF as a temperature sensor ? As I see temperature measurement on HR92 is not accurate and I would like to measure it somewhere in the middle of the room - not close to the radiator.

Another question: My evotouch version:
    Application Software Version: 25 Jan 16 2014
    Bootloader Softaware Version: 6.0 Aug 27 2013
    Is it possible to update its firmware to the latest version ? Do I need RFG100 internet gateway to update firmware and how to do this ?

Please advise.

BR
    Wojtek
    Last edited by wojgp; 20 October 2016, 10:08 PM. Reason: missing word :)
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Absolutely possible and very often absolutely necessary. I find that in bedrooms its even more important to have the temperature taken from where you feel it rather than next to the radiator. Also curtains etc may be another reason.
    During the binding bind the T87RF as the remote sensor and then after that is done bind the HR92 as only the actuator. Use the Co menu when binding the T87RF as the temperature sensor to the evohome.

The non wifi controller cannot be upgraded. The firmware in the RFG100 will update on its own. This is the only reason why many of use upgraded to the wifi version. However up to know, I am still missing my previous version. I took a step back with the wifi version. But I live in hope.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 20 October 2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      Absolutely possible and very often absolutely necessary. I find that in bedrooms its even more important to have the temperature taken from where you feel it rather than next to the radiator. Also curtains etc may be another reason.
      Agreed on bedrooms - I don't get very good results with the HR92's own sensor in our bedroom as we usually sleep with the window ajar unless it is windy or very cold, this causes cold air to come through the window and pass down over the sensor cooling it below actual (near the head of the bed) room temperature, since the bed is on a different wall. This causes the system to underestimate the room temperature and the radiator to come on unnecessarily and will actually heat the room up to a couple of degrees above the set point as measured at the head of the bed.

Conversely if the window is closed and the door is ajar the opposite happens - now the HR92 overestimates the room temperature leading to a room that can be a couple of degrees colder than the set point, again as measured at the head of the bed. Clothing partially covering the radiator has a similar effect to leaving the door ajar - the room is colder than set, by as much as 3 or 4 degrees if largely covered, blocking the radiators convection.

We have a DTS92 mounted on the wall just above the head of the bed which is on a different wall to the radiator and window, this works brilliantly - no mater whether the window is ajar or closed, the door is ajar or closed or the radiator is obscured with clothes it always keeps the temperature at the head of the bed (and thus the sleeping occupants) bang on the set point, and the radiator does not come on unnecessarily.
      During the binding bind the T87RF as the remote sensor and then after that is done bind the HR92 as only the actuator. Use the Co menu when binding the T87RF as the temperature sensor to the evohome.
      If the HR92 is already bound you don't have to go through the full binding process again - just go into the installer menu, (long press on settings) Zone configuration, choose your zone, choose temperature sensor, then choose remote sensor and follow the steps to put the T87RF into binding mode.

You can use this method to change the nominated temperature sensor of a zone at any time without having to rebind any of the HR92 actuators.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 20 October 2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• wojgp
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Oct 2016

Thanks for reply. Seems I have an older evotouch than I thought
        In zone options I can see only
        IMG_20161020_234550.jpg
        and after I press right arrow there is
        IMG_20161020_234623.jpg
        Do I need to buy a new evotouch ? My God 200 UK pounds

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by wojgp View Post
          Thanks for reply. Seems I have an older evotouch than I thought
          In zone options I can see only
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]836[/ATTACH]
          and after I press right arrow there is
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]837[/ATTACH]
          Do I need to buy a new evotouch ? My God 200 UK pounds
          Looks like the user interface is a bit different - but can you not press on sensor ? Try that and see if it will ask you to bind the temperature sensor.

If not you will might need to go through the whole binding process for that zone again, but it is definitely possible without buying a new controller!

Comment

• wojgp
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Looks like the user interface is a bit different - but can you not press on sensor ? Try that and see if it will ask you to bind the temperature sensor.

If not you will might need to go through the whole binding process for that zone again, but it is definitely possible without buying a new controller!
            Yes, I can bind another device, but we'll see if it does not replace already binded one Sorry for my English

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by wojgp View Post
              Yes, I can bind another device, but we'll see if it does not replace already binded one Sorry for my English
              Evohome has always supported multiple actuators (radiator valves) per zone, but you can only have a single temperature sensor for a zone unless it is in multi-room mode. I would follow bruce_miranda's advice if you can't just change the temperature sensor by itself.

Comment

• wojgp
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                Evohome has always supported multiple actuators (radiator valves) per zone, but you can only have a single temperature sensor for a zone unless it is in multi-room mode. I would follow bruce_miranda's advice if you can't just change the temperature sensor by itself.
                Thanks. It works exactly as bruce_miranda's said.

Comment

Working...
                X