• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Evohome Component Life

One of my HR92s is suffering from a random sensor comms fault. I will probably have to move it into an area where I use the Evotouch as the sensor. My system will be '3' in April 17. Evohome isn't a cheap control system so I would hope that the components would be built to last for more than 3 years - if not, then any savings are quickly eliminated. What component life are others hoping for?
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

Hi,

I'm expecting about a 5year+ lifespan for the Evohome devices. I only installed mine this year so it's still early days with regards to reliability. I did have an E2 (motor stuck) error on one of my HR92s, but taking it off the TRV and letting it re-calibrate a couple of times fixed it, but I was a little worried it was broken as it took a couple of tries for it to un-jam. I do also get an occasional sensor comms fault on one of my other HR92s, but this is caused by objects shielding its wireless signal as it's located in a marginal signal area of my house. I just ignore it as I also monitor the system via one of the Honeywell HGI80 devices and Domoticz and I can see from the log that the HR92 is functioning OK and it's just the communication path to the controller that's the problem (as my HGI80 gets a better signal than the controller).

Dan

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Thanks Dan.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

I too also had a recurrent comes fault from one sensor recently and taking the HR92 off the radiator, removing the batteries, putting them back then refitting the HR92 cleared the fault.

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          I too also had a recurrent comes fault from one sensor recently and taking the HR92 off the radiator, removing the batteries, putting them back then refitting the HR92 cleared the fault.
          Likewise but it lasted only a month before the fault returned.

Comment

• sandyman
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
            Likewise but it lasted only a month before the fault returned.
            I had one HR92 die (Sensor fault, it kept saying it was frosty inside the house in may) after about 6 months, and now I'm getting an intermittent E1 sensor fault on another one. power down and restart clears it, but it comes back, same as yours. my system is all 1 year old now. I hope honeywell are accomodating about warranty, 19 rads @£50 per hr92 was a big investment.

Comment

Working...
            X