Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Domoticz and HGI80 show two zones with oscillating temperatures

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    A neighbour ?
    Yep mine does the same with my 2nd evohome Controller on the CS92A...
    Want evohome? Call me or Diane on 01686 689881 or visit our website - TheEvohomeShop.co.uk

Automated Home Ninja

Nope, all my neighbours are people who find a single thermostat a revolution! (I'm not just saying that, i fitted one). I no longer own any spare evohome stuff and the last HR80, which had no batteries is on its way to Dan now for some testing. So this is baffling to say the least. And those reported temperatures were even colder than the outside temperature right now.

Automated Home Legend

Are you sure it can't be a neighbour ? It's not necessarily an Evohome. Any Honeywell wireless wall stat would be detected - for example remember that you can bind a DTS92 directly to a BDR91 and use it as a conventional (albeit TPI) wall stat.

Maybe a neighbour has something like this and is away with the timer turned off hence the measured temperature is 10.7 but the setpoint is 22!

Automated Home Ninja

If it were a neighbour, how come it's only been detected now and only after I clicked the All sensors option and it set to 13 as per Dan's code logic? I'll watch it and see if the 10.7 or the 0.0 change over the time. The sensor showing 10.7 is updated just like all the other sensors at regular intervals. The 0.0 sensor hasnt been seen for a few hours.

Automated Home Ninja

I am nowhere closer to figuring out what is causing that oscillating temperatures for the Child Bed and Lounge zones. I've added the unused sensor but strangely there is no unused sensor added for the Child Bed zone with the issue, when I expected one. I'm not using the radiator sensor but a T87RF sensor, so expected the radiator sensor to be picked up, but it hasn't even after multiple reboots.
    Three zones where unused sensors have been added, don't actually have any unused sensors! because the radiator controller is acting as both the sensor and the actuator.

And then lastly I have these two Zone 1 sensors that don't appear to resemble anything from my house, yet they are active. One changed from 10.7 to 10.9. The other has stayed at 0.0 for hours. The only thing that leads me to think this has got something to do with my installation is because these two sensors have the same ID as 2 of the 5 relays that we auto detected by Domiticz but have always stayed with a value of 200, so I didn't bother tracking them.

Code:
      	33	myEvohome	581a20	0	Zone	Heating	Relay	On: 200	-	-	Add DeviceRename Device 	2016-11-13 09:30:45
      	34	myEvohome	58d675	0	Zone	Heating	Relay	On: 200	-	-	Add DeviceRename Device 	2016-12-10 01:04:09
      	32	myEvohome	58d723	0	Zone	Heating	Relay	On: 200	-	-	Add DeviceRename Device 	2016-12-13 17:30:22
      	62	myEvohome	58d723	13	Zone 1	Heating	Zone	0.0 C, (22.0 C), Auto	-	-	Set UnusedRename Device 	2016-12-13 19:29:21
      	35	myEvohome	590a35	0	Zone	Heating	Relay	On: 200	-	-	Add DeviceRename Device 	2016-11-19 11:23:30
      	24	myEvohome	590a3a	0	Zone	Heating	Relay	On: 200	-	-	Add DeviceRename Device 	2016-12-13 20:22:05
      	61	myEvohome	590a3a	13	Zone 1	Heating	Zone	10.9 C, (22.0 C), Auto	-	-	Set UnusedRename Device 	2016-12-13 20:11:01

Plotting all the other sensors against the zones that oscillate also doesn't reveal anything because I can't find another zone that correlates to the bottom end of the deviation.

Looks like I'm going to have to build a Pi and get the Domoticz running in debug mode on it to work out what is going on here.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 13th December 2016 at 09:36 PM.

Automated Home Ninja

It's getting stranger in that the 10.7 sensor which became 10.9 is now back to 10.7. But the other sensor that was sat at 0.0 jumped to 11.1 at mid night and has stayed there. Set point has stayed at 22C all the time.

I foolishly haven't been tracking those Zone Relay devices which I couldn't corelate to any of my zones and which I felt were always sat at 200. Done that now. Lets see if the relay values change when I spot a change in these Zone sensor values. It's a pity that I cannot directly plot Switch and Temperature devices on the same graph in Domoticz.

Anyway, back to my oscillating temperature sensor issue. Anything else I should try to work out what is causing the issue. In the Child Bed zone the unused Sensor hasn't even turned up on Domoticz and in the Lounge the unused Sensor has values higher than the top and bottom of the Lounge oscillations.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    It's a pity that I cannot directly plot Switch and Temperature devices on the same graph in Domoticz.
    That's one of my biggest annoyances.

Automated Home Ninja

I am nowhere closer to working out what is going on. I have two sensor zones that seems to track a temperature I cannot identify and two zones where my graphs show an oscillation.