Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Which OpenTherm boilers work well with Evohome?

  1. #31
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    The link does not work.

  2. #32
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    The link does not work.
    Not sure why, but this seems to replicate what is said in the PDF:


    http://www.hydroheatplumbing.com/res...m/#toggle-id-3

  3. #33
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Is anyone using the Vaillant Exclusive Green iQ with a VR33 ?

    One of the other boilers on my shortlist is the Intergas, does anyone know if they've resolved the reported issue with OT and multiple zones ?

  4. #34
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevejclarke View Post
    Is anyone using the Vaillant Exclusive Green iQ with a VR33 ?

    One of the other boilers on my shortlist is the Intergas, does anyone know if they've resolved the reported issue with OT and multiple zones ?
    I was in contact with Intergas Technical Support just before Christmas. They had no idea if, or when, Intergas Netherlands would have a solution. I am guessing with a replacement boiler out soon that there is probably not that much interest. I am currently looking at the Atag range. There are no reported issues and, by all accounts, their technical support is first class. That said, finding an Atag installer willing to consider Opentherm isn't easy.

  5. #35
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Viessmann 200-W OpenTherm

    Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Just found this:

    https://uk.myboiler.com/opentherm-capable-boilers/

    Not sure that the list is 100% accurate as I know the Viessmann 200 is not an Opentherm boiler.
    Hi HenGus, the list may not be 100% accurate as the information is a little sketchy for some of the boilers. However for the Viessmann 200-W, the opentherm information is obtained from the following source : https://wifithermostaten.nl/advies/a...viessmann.html

    It's still very hard to determine whether it is opentherm compatible, however one thing is for sure, it is not one of the boilers that are OPENLY OpenTherm :-)
    If you know of any other boilers that are missing from the list or inaccurate, please feel free to let me know via the contact form or via this forum.

    Regards,

    Jayesh.
    MyBoiler Ltd / MyBoiler.com

  6. #36
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboiler-jayesh View Post
    Hi HenGus, the list may not be 100% accurate as the information is a little sketchy for some of the boilers. However for the Viessmann 200-W, the opentherm information is obtained from the following source : https://wifithermostaten.nl/advies/a...viessmann.html

    It's still very hard to determine whether it is opentherm compatible, however one thing is for sure, it is not one of the boilers that are OPENLY OpenTherm :-)
    If you know of any other boilers that are missing from the list or inaccurate, please feel free to let me know via the contact form or via this forum.

    Regards,

    Jayesh.
    MyBoiler Ltd / MyBoiler.com
    Thanks Jayesh.

    I took the safe option and had an Atag IS24 installed last week. As posted on a separate thread, this boiler appears to be 100% compatible with Evohome/Opentherm.

  7. #37
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Are we to assume that in reality HenGus's diligent work seems to indicate that the only sure opentherm boiler that has reasonable installation and backup in the UK is Atag?
    I ask as I am seeking to replace a very recent Worcester Bosch 24RI (10 months old) which has turned into a disaster...noise/vibrations etc, and will seek to install OT this time around to match my Evohome.

    PS Well done HenGus, very useful information uncovered in your research and posts.

  8. #38
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    571

    Default

    The Vaillant is fine too if you can source the Vr33 needed to make it understand OT.

  9. #39
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    The Vaillant is fine too if you can source the Vr33 needed to make it understand OT.
    Thanks Bruce - Our heating arrangements already seem complex, I think I would want to stick with a boiler that natively functions with the OT interface as part of its original design without additional add-ons.
    I hate to say it but I do not think I could expect any other member of my household to operate our current EvoHome system to make changes to the heating.......

  10. #40
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    571

    Default

    I'm not sure how you are going to deal with two Megaflos. Also the VR33 is a Vaillant part, so not a 3rd party gender bender.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •