• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tizwaz
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2007

Hot Water Help

Hello, I want two periods on weekdays, and one long period at the weekend. But this throws up an error of overlapping times..... Help?

Capture.jpg
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

not encountered that, we have ours on all the time, with the HVAC & ThermalStore objects enabled / disabled by General Logic - to do the right things when House Occupied / Unoccupied, Vacant, etc, with links so we can give Cortex clues about our future plans (back soon, etc) ...

PS: in other words - how about having two HotWater objects, one for weekends, one for weekdays, and use the Scheduler and/or General Logic to turn whichever on & off as & when you want ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 22 January 2017, 04:19 PM. Reason: added the PS
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

I have a similar setup. It seems to work by having period one as 0530 to 0800 (all days), 0815 to 1130 (just Sat/Sun), and 1830 to 1930 (Mon to Fri). For your timings you could have 0600 to 0930 period one, 0945 to 1545 period two, and 1600 to 2230 period three. Your weekend will have all three periods and your weekdays just periods one and three. Does that make sense?

Comment

• Viv
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2004

The next update of Cortex will be less onerous in its check (or more clever?) and allow overlaps of periods if they are not enabled on the same day.

Viv

Comment

• tizwaz
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2007

Brilliant Viv, in the meantime Alexc's solution is currently working for me.

Comment

Working...
          X