Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome Wifi - Clock Stopped

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome Wifi - Clock Stopped

Others have posted on this issue - http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...g-this-morning and http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ome-controller. Woke up to no heat this morning due to clock on the controller had stopped overnight. Luckily I had read the thread above and that of another user with the same issue. Tried setting time manually, but in the end had to remove batteries and reset the controller. Took about an hour before all zones updated after the restart of the Evohome controller.
    Hope that Honeywell personnel on this forum are listening and sort this issue out in the next update, surely one is due soon.
    Last edited by Jom; 21st January 2017 at 04:16 PM.

Automated Home Legend

FYI - speed up the zone to controller updates by giving one HR92 in each zone a brief button press.

Automated Home Legend

My Evohome Controller's clock stopped working at 21.24 last night. Fortunately, I noticed that something was amiss on my way up to bed. Rather than try to remove the batteries (no easy thing with this controller) I just disconnected the controller from the internet and then re-established the wifi connection. The time updated immediately and has been fine since.

Automated Home Legend

Interesting clue that disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi connection allowed the clock to synchronise and then continue running - seems almost as if it made a connection to the server to update the time but didn't get a response. Still a bug though, as I've never heard of a failed time update on any other system causing the time to just freeze...

BTW you don't have to remove the battery (which is as you say stupidly difficult) you just need to part them. I just put a thumbnail or small screwdriver in the gap between the batteries and twist slightly.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Interesting clue that disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi connection allowed the clock to synchronise and then continue running - seems almost as if it made a connection to the server to update the time but didn't get a response. Still a bug though, as I've never heard of a failed time update on any other system causing the time to just freeze...

BTW you don't have to remove the battery (which is as you say stupidly difficult) you just need to part them. I just put a thumbnail or small screwdriver in the gap between the batteries and twist slightly.
    Occam's razor. I have reported the bug to Evohome Support as suggested by TB on another thread. Annoyingly, Evohome doesn't store the wifi password.

Automated Home Legend

You are not alone. I have had the same a little while ago and yes a pain that the password is not remembered. However, since at great expense I ditched my BT Home Hub 6 and installed Netgear Orbi, all has been much more stable. So I wonder also whether the Panel is unduly sensitive to a not so stable wifi system.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    You are not alone. I have had the same a little while ago and yes a pain that the password is not remembered. However, since at great expense I ditched my BT Home Hub 6 and installed Netgear Orbi, all has been much more stable. So I wonder also whether the Panel is unduly sensitive to a not so stable wifi system.
    One for the forthcoming firmware update then.

Automated Home Legend

Update:

I reported my stuck clock to Evohome Technical Support. This morning, I could see that the controller had re-set as all the zones were showing the egg timer.

I have just received this e-mail from Support:

We have upgraded the firmware for evohome. Please check if the issue still occurs.
    In case you are experiencing further issues with it, please refer to the supplier for a replacement unit since the controller is still in warranty for up to 12 months.

My firmware is now showing 01.00.03.00 and wifi version 01.00.02.00
    Last edited by HenGus; 15th February 2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo

Automated Home Ninja

Oooh! I wonder what else is in 1.00.03.00. I don't have it yet. Does anyone know how to force an update?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Oooh! I wonder what else is in 1.00.03.00. I don't have it yet. Does anyone know how to force an update?
    Only Honeywell can push an update, however when others have asked for it they've been told that 1.00.03 only includes additional European Language support.

That doesn't mean they haven't quietly fixed some bugs of course New units seem to be shipping with 1.00.03.