Help requested: any Evohome users with an RFG100 and a HGI80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

Help requested: any Evohome users with an RFG100 and a HGI80?

Hi,

I'm working on a prototype of code to perform some of the functions of the Evohome controller and I need some help with tracking down the exact structure of the commands to request and update the daily setpoint programs for each zone.

To do this I think I need the help of someone with an RFG100 and a serial device, a HGI80 or equivalent. They'd need to use the Evohome phone app to make a change to a daily setpoint for one of their zones and then capture the commands that the RFG100 sends to their Evohome controller using the serial device. I know it's a long-shot, but I thought I'd ask. You shouldn't need to mess with your Domoticz set-up to achieve this (I assume if you've got a HGI80 you're using it with Domoticz). Hopefully, just using a serial client connected to the HGI80 should be sufficient.

Thanks!

Dan
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DanD View Post
    Hi,

I'm working on a prototype of code to perform some of the functions of the Evohome controller and I need some help with tracking down the exact structure of the commands to request and update the daily setpoint programs for each zone.

To do this I think I need the help of someone with an RFG100 and a serial device, a HGI80 or equivalent. They'd need to use the Evohome phone app to make a change to a daily setpoint for one of their zones and then capture the commands that the RFG100 sends to their Evohome controller using the serial device. I know it's a long-shot, but I thought I'd ask. You shouldn't need to mess with your Domoticz set-up to achieve this (I assume if you've got a HGI80 you're using it with Domoticz). Hopefully, just using a serial client connected to the HGI80 should be sufficient.

Thanks!

Dan
    I have an "HGI80-equivalent", if that's any good? I'd be interested in collaborating on this project, possibly. I'd really like to write my own controlled to improve flexibility (for instance, I'd like to be able to use a wall-stat to control a single radiator in a multi-zone room -- in fact, without the arbitrary 12 zone limit, multi-zone rooms are no longer needed!)

Comment

• DanD
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Feb 2016

dty

Excellent! That sounds fantastic and your homebrew HGI80 will work perfectly. Do you use the Evohome app much and did my initial message make sense?

You make a really good point about the 12 zone limit. It only just occurred to me this morning that my little python script has no such limits. Maybe I should re-title it as the limitless Evohome controller ! Er, actually it does currently have a lot of limits as it doesn't really do much at all at the moment, until we work out how to do all the setpoint scheduling.

Thanks
      Dan

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

I suspect most of us here that had RFG100 based systems upgraded to the Wi-Fi controller when Honeywell and Richard Evohomeshop put together their fantastic upgrade offer last year.

P.

Comment

• DanD
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Feb 2016

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reminding me about the upgrade offer. I think I purchased all my Evohome stuff from the Evohomeshop just before the upgrade offer (I didn't have anything to upgrade anyway as it was my first Evohome install). I'm a bit slow off the mark, being a year late with my request, aren't I?

Dan

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
            I suspect most of us here that had RFG100 based systems upgraded to the Wi-Fi controller when Honeywell and Richard Evohomeshop put together their fantastic upgrade offer last year.

P.
            Still waiting to see the first benefit of this upgrade offer!

Comment

• DanD
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Feb 2016

Hi,

I'm still looking for any willing volunteers who have one of the Evohome RFG100 internet gateways and a HGI80 USB serial device (or equivalent).

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X