• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chester
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2016

Evohome (colour/ext bridge) clock stopped

Hi all,

Just thought I'd report a malfunction on the controller. Turned off the remote gateway, reset the time; no effect. Re-paired the remote gateway; time was obtained but not updating afterwards. Tried to turn off remote gateway and reset the time once more; no effect. So I performed a 10 second battery pull, reset the date and time, and it seems to be updating now. The remote gateway has paired up and app is working fine.

However one of the HR92s didn't sync back up and also required a 10 second battery pull. That solved that problem, but I wonder if that stat had thrown the whole controller?!

Normally Evohome is set and forget, works an absolute treat and has been one of the best upgrades to our home, but this niggles a bit. There was nothing in the log, just a stopped clock. I feel like I need to watch out for this stopped clock; a little unnerving.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

If you do a search you'll find several threads reporting and discussing this problem. I've had it happen to me twice now. It seems to be a known problem - at least to those of us who it happens to!

Comment

• Chester
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2016

Yeah I do recall a similar issue I've had before, but I managed to get raound the issue without a battery pull. I've also had the whole system stop responding because one of the HR92s was struggling with opening and closing the valve (batteries sloped off quite early) and the whole system was brought back to life by replacing the batteries in just that one HR92! Not that robust in design really! And no firmware updates for the controller I have. But as others have said, I'll put up with the niggles because of all the benefits it brings. Shouldn't really be like that though.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

I had this issue a few weeks ago. I contacted Evohome Support and they pushed the latest firmware to my controller. It hasn't again happened since the push, but then again there were no issues with the clock in the 9 months preceding the firmware update.

FWiW, I cleared the initial fault by turning the wifi off and on. Sadly, the controller doesn't remember the wifi password when you does this.

PS. Re-syncing of all the zones can take hours after a battery pull. A short press on the button of any affected HR92s will result in an almost immediate re-synch. There is no need to take out any of the batteries.
        Last edited by HenGus; 23 March 2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Chester
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2016

Ah. The HR92 in the hallway is locked. Only one that is. That definitely did need a battery pull, but as I said that did the trick and sync'd up lovely.

My controller isn't the one with built-in WiFi, it's the older version with the bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X