X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edinburgh2000
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2016

Did you try rebooting the controller ? ..... Give it several minutes after it reboots for it to check in with the time server and update the time - sometimes the time will be wrong for a couple of minutes after a reboot.
    I rebooted the controller. It has come back with the time in GMT again. (It also forgot the names of all my zones so I have had to rename them!)

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2016

....and to add to the intrigue....I have just used the controller to set an override on my hot water to be on until 1600 (in old money - GMT). My phone app is showing the DHW override as on until 1700! Intriguing that the controller and the phone app will display an override instruction in different time offsets.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
        ....and to add to the intrigue....I have just used the controller to set an override on my hot water to be on until 1600 (in old money - GMT). My phone app is showing the DHW override as on until 1700! Intriguing that the controller and the phone app will display an override instruction in different time offsets.
        I seem to recall the same thing happening to me for about a week last daylight savings time shift - when I set an override the end time reported by the controller and iPhone app were an hour out from each other. I think I started a thread about this. After about a week it came right by itself.

If I didn't know better I would say that the iPhone app was switching to BST correctly and the controller (last year for me anyway) had not switched until a week later!

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Just checked and the time is correct on my controller, and thinking back to my schedule this morning it must have been correct then too.

Comment

• John Cooper
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by John Cooper View Post
            Yes, set to UTC.

Have two controllers, new WiFi model, I think both on the latest firmware but I will check.

They are both on the same Total Connect account.

One of them updated automatically - one did not.

--
            John Cooper
            OK, they are on different firmware versions.

The one that updated automatically is 01.00.02.01 the one that failed is 01.00.03.00, does that fit the pattern for anyone else?

To try and get it to update I have tried turning the WiFi off and on again, and also forcing a reboot by taking the batteries out. Neither works.

I have noticed that when the WiFi is off the setting is Daylight Saving manual/auto and when Wifi connected the wording is Auto update (Wifi) off/on. On reconnecting Wifi the former wording persists for a while and the setting reverts to manual. I am puzzled as to how it can do auto summer time updates when not connected to the Internet.

Looks like the later firmware is faulty.
            --
            John Cooper

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Looks like the later firmware is faulty.
              --
              John Cooper
              I have had two time changes on the wifi controller- one with the original firmware and one with the new firmware and there haven't been any issues. This is one for the guys at Honeywell to investigate.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

The only acknowledged change in the new 03 firmware is additional European country/language support.

So I'm not sure why we're all assuming it might have some bearing on a time related bug.

If it also fixes any bugs they're sure not talking about it.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2016

A workaround

A workaround that I have applied is to go into the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website and edit my "Location", setting the Timezone to "(UTC+01:00) West Central Africa". I think that is a timezone that does not observe DST and so is always UTC+1. That seems to have worked for me. The hour offset for overrides between my Evotouch and the web app has disappeared. Of course, we will need to remember to change this come the reversion to GMT in the autumn. But, for now, that seems to do the trick.

Comment

• Aidy
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Mar 2017

I had this too (on the 03 firmware) - did the manual/update time/set back to auto-update dance a couple of times, and it seems to have stayed on BST for a bit now...

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

As far as the differences in wifi firmware are concerned, Honeywell did push the 03 firmware to my device when I reported a stuck clock on my Evotouch. I have also found Honeywell to be a first-class company to deal with, and I cannot believe that they would just push the new firmware to my device to keep me quiet. As I said earlier, this is one for Honeywell to give a view on.

Comment

• John Cooper
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2015

A workaround that I have applied is to go into the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website and edit my "Location", setting the Timezone to "(UTC+01:00) West Central Africa". I think that is a timezone that does not observe DST and so is always UTC+1. That seems to have worked for me. The hour offset for overrides between my Evotouch and the web app has disappeared. Of course, we will need to remember to change this come the reversion to GMT in the autumn. But, for now, that seems to do the trick.
                        This is not an option for me, both controllers are on the same account...

Comment

• John Cooper
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                          The only acknowledged change in the new 03 firmware is additional European country/language support.

So I'm not sure why we're all assuming it might have some bearing on a time related bug.

If it also fixes any bugs they're sure not talking about it.
                          It was my assumption, based on my two. I asked if anyone else had seen the pattern, and if seems that this is not the correlation.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2016

This is not an option for me, both controllers are on the same account...
                            But that would not stop you moving it to West Africa. Both would be on UTC+1, which is what you need?

Comment

• John Cooper
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Oct 2015

But that would not stop you moving it to West Africa. Both would be on UTC+1, which is what you need?
                              Of course.

Said that without looking. Time zone is not per account in any case, I can have the controllers in different time zones.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• davec
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Dec 2012

I have the same problem - firmware 1.00.03.00 and WiFi 01.00.02.00. As far as I can see from my router logs, there is no direct attempt to connect to an NTP server, and the rest of my home network is showing the correct time, so I think the time is being taken from a Honeywell server which has the wrong configuration for the GMT timezone. This should say what offset to apply for DST and when. From an earlier comment, it looks as though the 'when' part is mis-configured for the UK. I have copied this post to Honeywell support and hopefully they will fix quickly. In the meantime, sticking with manual time setting on controller!!

Comment

Working...
                                X