• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Send time in an email

Cortex sends me emails on certain events. Occasionally an email can be delayed (not Cortex's fault) and I'd like to add the time the event was triggered in the email.

I thought that in the 'Report status' field in the email box I could add something from the Clock, but there's nothing there that can give the time. Anyone know?

Thanks.
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

can't try it here, because e-mails aren't working for us (*) ... but, have you tried including <Time> and <Date> in your message text ?

Chris

(*) we never receive our e-mail, and a Log is generated ... and, when we click Test Connection, we get a message saying "This value can not be set while the client is connected" ... it's worked previously, and we believe we've not changed settings ... Googling suggests something to do with SSL, but we've tried all sorts, and no joy ... it's a mystery ...
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Yes - that worked. Thanks Chris.

I'm using my ISP's SMTP server to send on SSL. I had problems using a relay, but now it's very reliable.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

ah, good ... might do the same ourselves, when we get them working again ...

we're doing the same as you, and it's worked for years, but now it doesn't, and we've no idea why ... some sort of Google filter comes to mind, but can't suss it out !
        Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Alexc View Post

I thought that in the 'Report status' field in the email box I could add something from the Clock, but there's nothing there that can give the time. Anyone know?

Thanks.
          You can add the 'Clock' connection to the Report status field and this will auto add date and time information to the e-mail body, however I noticed it doesn't work if the e-mail is generated using the Test function available in the e-mail send options menu, but it does work if instigated via some connected signal such as a button or camera picture taken, etc

Comment

• Alexc
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2013

Thanks. That was interesting. Using <Time> only seems to work (reliably) when doing a test and, as you say, adding a clock connection only works when triggered. Working as expected now.

e.g.
            Cortex - Message I put in the text box here
            Clock .................................. Time = 14:53:07, Date = 04-06-2017.

Comment

Working...
            X