• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • westernm
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2008

QLD Channel stuck on

Hi All,

I'm seeing some strange behavior on one of my QLDs. It will not turn off a circuit (controlling two LED bulbs).
    Cortex shows the light as being off in the interface and the LED on the QLD that represents the circuuit switches off. But the lights stays on.
    I have put a voltmeter across the Neutral and live channels for the channel and read 12V in one direction and 310 in the other (switching the leads over). The other channels read 0V in both directions when switched off and about 234V when on.

Is this a case of the contacts welding? This circuit controls a pair of led bulbs in a porch light and I have noticed that I have to change these bulbs more than normal, could this be related?

Thanks for any advice

Mark
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Try temporarily using an incandescent in place of the LED bulbs. Does this switch on and off correctly?

What you describe about voltage readings suuggests you might be using a DC volts setting on the meter? Are the other channels connected to LED lamps?

Comment

• westernm
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2008

Hi Karam,
      Im sure your right about the meter readings.

This is what I have done so far:
      I have placed the LED bulbs onto another circuit. They stay on when the channel is switched off unless I include an incandescent on the circuit. So I figured it was the old LED bulb issue.
      To test this I tried incandescent bulbs in place of the LEDs on the original circuit and strangely get the same thing. The bulbs stay on. They dim, but they stay on.

I will spend some time this weekend trying to narrow down this problem with some concrete examples and get back to you.

Thanks Mark

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Might also be worth sending me a node profile for the module so that I can see which firmware is running on this. The LEDs staying on could simply be the QLD output filter leakage being too great for these lamps, but I'm not clear from your description whether the behaviour just started with existing lamps or whether it started after putting in new lamps.

Comment

Working...
        X