• mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

Vesternet Sale

HI
    Is it just me

I got this Earlier in the Summer from Vesternet

"Vesternet Mondays 2017...
    Throughout the summer we'll be running a series of Spectacular One-day Only flash sale events - starting Monday 26th June!

Pull yourself away from the summer sun for a short time when announced to save yourself a fortune on all the very latest kit for your smart home.

Vesternet Mondays give you some spectacular bargains that are never repeated - you won't want to miss them as once each product has appeared in a sale, that's it for the whole summer.

Each event will feature different products from our best selling brands for the past year - its like Black Friday but with more sun "

Now to me that clearly implies that its a once off and meant to encourage people to buy or you will miss out

But Now Vesternet are having a Monday sale stating all previous products included in the monday sales are being made available again at a discount so clearly the statement never to be repeated was misleading

This to me is a little sly I raised it with Vesternet but they disagree

Probably just a Grumpy Old Man Day
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

So you're complaining that a company want to sell you something cheaper?

P.

Comment

• mylesm
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2015

No I am saying they encouraged people to buy products on the premise they were available on a once off basis then after that make all the products available anyway at reduced price I just feel its a little bit sharp
      But as I say probably me Grumpy old man

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

Better hurry along to DFS - the sale ends Monday!

More seriously, companies like Vesternet must be really struggling given the state of the currency. They buy in dollars and euros but sell in pounds. They must have taken a massive hit post the EU referendum - I don't blame them at all for trying to drum up as much business as they can, however then can.

And like I hinted at in my previous comment, it's surely a win for the customers too. Those who bought cheaply last time haven't actually lost anything, while a whole batch of new people get a chance of a bargain now.

I'm struggling to see what there is to be grumpy about!

Comment

• mylesm
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2015

As I said its probably me I always had a peculiar way of looking at things I just feel I was mislead with initial ad saying these were once off and never to be repeated so get them while you can

Comment

Working...
          X