• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

This is what I would like EvoHome to look like

I am very happy with the operation of my EvoHome system. But, it lacks some functionality, reporting, error checking is quite poor, (comms fault errors are really not helpful!), and installation being really difficult. No support for electric flooring is unforgivable.

But, I would really like it to take some lessons and functionality from this system. Come on Honeywell, you area already one of the best, please take the leap and be the best!

The Warmup 4iE smart WiFi thermostat for underfloor heating can be controlled from a phone, tablet or computer. Control your heating and save energy
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I tend to agree. The current app is somewhat wooden. It does the job but that is it but it is 2017 now and we ought to be seeing more data from our Evohome system appearing in the app and accessible on the web. Some would like to know when heating is coming and where (over and above the core settings in the schedule), plot trends over a week. I accept that some do this with third party devices and software but it should be in the app and on the web site. Other bodies do it so I assume it is not difficult to do. Perhaps when Evohome starts to work with HomeKit we will see third party apps developed that connect and do these things. Seen that happen with Philips Hue lights where third party apps successfully provide the functionality that Philips’s own app ought to provide.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Originally posted by basiluk View Post
      I am very happy with the operation of my EvoHome system. But, it lacks some functionality, reporting, error checking is quite poor, (comms fault errors are really not helpful!), and installation being really difficult. No support for electric flooring is unforgivable.

But, I would really like it to take some lessons and functionality from this system. Come on Honeywell, you area already one of the best, please take the leap and be the best!

http://www.warmup.co.uk/thermostats/4ie-smart-wifi
      The link is somewhat out of date as it still refers to DECC. Moreover, any thermostat/app that offers switching information needs to take note of the fact that the Ofgem Licence/PCW Code is due to change shortly. Ofgem is now minded to allow suppliers to show costs/savings in anyway that they choose provided that they are consistent across the website.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I have that exact Warm Up system for my electric underfloor heating in one of the bathrooms. Would I be right in thinking that you are impressed with the look of it as opposed to the feel of it? The reason I say this is besides that front screen every other screen looks like a mainframe terminal. The interface is so horrible and slow and the touch screen is terrible. So yes the Honeywell system looks dated but it works!

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

TCC App has gone through some significant UI updates over the years and mirrors the interface on the physical evohome controller

The quick actions enable easy interaction when required, however in line with modern trends in home automation once setup evohome works autonomously to control the comfort and setback levels as programmed

Overrides using IFTTT and voice assistants like Amazon Alexa enable occasional and location based scheduling and the new web browser control expands this functionality for those wanting to access through pc; third party integrations through the API continue to be developed in accordance with market demand

The physical evohome controller was updated a few years ago with wifi connectivity and offers a table or wall mounted colour touch screen interface so very much current state of the art in those respects
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by basiluk View Post

http://www.warmup.co.uk/thermostats/4ie-smart-wifi
            Electric zone support coming in next FW
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Electric zone support coming in next FW
              And we can expect to see the next FW Update....... ? Any hints as to what else the update will contain?

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                And we can expect to see the next FW Update....... ? Any hints as to what else the update will contain?
                We are trying to get this out before the end of year. Coinciding with Russian support/launch.
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

new fw, yum...

Comment

Working...
                  X