X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

Have you made a decision re Existing Heating Zone Valves are you keeping them or not

Comment

• JamboV6
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2017

Yeah, i'm gonna do what you suggested, isolate and remove the motor and manually crank them fully open.

Comment

• mylesm
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2015

Well Looking at your wiring centre I would remove All wires going to Tp5000 and Tp9000 and red Plug and yellow plug

Also remove orange wire blue plug from terminal 10 and Grey wire Blue plug from Terminal 2 and place both in terminal 7 which is now a spare terminal this will remove HW Zone Valve Demand

Terminals 1&2 are Live and Terminals 3&4 are Neutral on your wiring centre

SO In Your New Boiler Demand BDR91 wire L to 1 and N to 3 and wire A to L internally in BDR or to Terminal 2 in wiring Centre and B to Terminal 10 which is SLB (Switched Live Boiler)

Your New HW BDR wire L to 1 and N to 3 and A to L internally or Terminal 2 in wiring centre and B to Terminal 8 which will put this BDR in series with orignal HW Stat and Terminal 9 will still Drive HW Valve

I am assuming Green Plug is original HW Stat and OT Protection and Terminals 1&2 and 3&4 are fed from a suitable fused spur but check all this and make sure to turn up old HW Stat to max as it will now only be used as safety backup to new BDR which is reacting to Evohome HW Demand
        Last edited by mylesm; 21 November 2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• JamboV6
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2017

Fantastic, that couldnt be any easier, thank you.

So wire it like this heating wiring evohome.jpg

If i wire the honeywell tank stat in series with the original would this be correct heating wiring evohome 2.jpg

Thanks again for all your help

Comment

• JamboV6
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2017

Hot water kit arrived today, so I'm guessing my second drawing is wrong and the evohome stat that is wired to the cs92a wirelessly transmits to the control panel that then tells the bdr91 to switch? Is that correct?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Correct. All comms between devices is via the controller.

Comment

• JamboV6
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2017

��thanks again people

Comment

• mylesm
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by JamboV6 View Post
                  Hot water kit arrived today, so I'm guessing my second drawing is wrong and the evohome stat that is wired to the cs92a wirelessly transmits to the control panel that then tells the bdr91 to switch? Is that correct?
                  Correct First Drawing is the Way to Go HW BDR is really the New HW Stat as it switches when Cs92a and Evohome calls for HW and it is wired in series with original stat via original Wiring

Comment

• JamboV6
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2017

Fitted the system today, all went well, only thing left to do is patch up the holes in the wall from the upstairs room Stat. Big thanks to everyone for your input especially mylesm, your help really made the job easy.

Comment

• mylesm
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Nov 2015

Fitted the system today, all went well, only thing left to do is patch up the holes in the wall from the upstairs room Stat. Big thanks to everyone for your input especially mylesm, your help really made the job easy.
                      Great Glad it worked out now leave it alone during Learning Phase

Comment

• JamboV6
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2017

So I have discovered an issue. Due to the warm weather the heating hasn't kicked in since monday night and as from tuesday ive had it set to eco just in case it snows over night between heatwaves and the house temp crashes.
                        Anyway the issue is, whenever the hot water comes on the rad in the utility ( the only one uncontrolled ) is getting scolding hot. What are my options?
                        1- Honeywell upping the number of zones and putting a HR92 on it.
                        2- Binding a BD91 to the 2 heating zone valves that have been disabled and linking them to the BD91 that is controlling the boiler so that the 2 zone valves switch with the boiler.
                        3- Just shut the rad down until the heating goes back on in the autumn?

cheers,
                        James

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Mar 2017

So I have discovered an issue. Due to the warm weather the heating hasn't kicked in since monday night and as from tuesday ive had it set to eco just in case it snows over night between heatwaves and the house temp crashes.
                          Anyway the issue is, whenever the hot water comes on the rad in the utility ( the only one uncontrolled ) is getting scolding hot. What are my options?
                          1- Honeywell upping the number of zones and putting a HR92 on it.
                          2- Binding a BD91 to the 2 heating zone valves that have been disabled and linking them to the BD91 that is controlling the boiler so that the 2 zone valves switch with the boiler.
                          3- Just shut the rad down until the heating goes back on in the autumn?

cheers,
                          James
                          Isn't it easier to just turn the rad off? I you use the utility for drying in winter etc. then it's useful it coming on all the time anyway. Our garage radiator is exactly the same with a TRV and we find it quite useful.

Comment

• JamboV6
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2017

its needed in the winter, will just shut it down then till its needed again

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

Just make sure you have an ABV and that rad is not it.

Comment

• mattie.whittaker
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Mar 2017

Sorry for the really basic question.

I have exactly the same set-up and I'm currently doing my research for the evohome installation.

I'm struggling to get my head around the HW demand. Given the wiring set up, how does this fire up the pump to heat up the water inside the tank?

Comment

Working...
                                X