• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Use of colour in the app

Curiosity only. Does anyone know on what basis, the reasoning, the colours change in the app when setting temperature. It seems to be blue if 15c or under, then green, then orange and then red. Colours chosen for different temperatures based presumably on a perceived comfort level. Do they come from any statistical info or just the software writer’s view?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I'd say it's purely aesthetic, to allow a rough idea of the set point from a glance.

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

it was based on User Interface research conducted when the product was conceived.. The use of green was mean to encourage more energy saving temps. It was found in our research that green was more 'approving' and therefore more 'ok'. Red was more 'alerting' and designed to encourage people to look twice. We encourage people to do what they feel is comfortable. The colours were also aligned with guidance for the more visually impaired (couldn't see the text but could see the colour scheme) and know by glancing what the temp is
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
        Curiosity only. Does anyone know on what basis, the reasoning, the colours change in the app when setting temperature. It seems to be blue if 15c or under, then green, then orange and then red. Colours chosen for different temperatures based presumably on a perceived comfort level. Do they come from any statistical info or just the software writer’s view?
        this should help explain the colour bands

blue is chilly
        green is eco
        orange is comfy
        red is lavish
        Attached Files
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Jun 2012

Twice this week I've been told that the colours are rather judgemental.

Perhaps an option for a neutral colour scheme can be offered?
          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

Working...
          X