Feasibility / correct process for phased Evohome installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Libarch
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2017

Feasibility / correct process for phased Evohome installation?

Hello, hoping someone can advise. I've read a lot of useful posts here and elsewhere, and also installation manuals etc, but wanted to check.

In my house I've got a combi boiler (Worcester Bosch) and 12 radiators (installed about 12 years ago), and I've now bought the kit for an Evohome installation. Nine of the rads currently have Danfoss (RAS-D2) TRVs and the other 3 don't have TRVs - I've bought 12 HR92s and 3 Valencia V120s, as well as a bypass valve (plus controller and BDR91 relay box). Most of the work I'm planning to do myself, but I'm no plumber so I've arranged for the guy who did the original CH installation to pop back, drain down the system and fit the 3 new radiator valve bodies and the bypass. The boiler needs a service in any case.

He can't come for a fortnight or so, so I wanted to know if I can do a partial installation in the meantime? One of the TRV-less rads is in the hallway (where the room stat currently is) so I suppose it works as a bypass. The other two non-TRV rads are in the bathroom and a bedroom respectively. If I accept that the hallway, one bedroom and the bathroom would temporarily be at the mercy of the rest of the house (ie if there's no demand from another rad, they just won't get any heat), is there anything to stop me from cracking on by fitting the boiler relay, the first 9 HR92s, binding them and configuring the zones etc etc, and starting the system up - and then just adding the remaining 3 HR92s a fortnight later?

I just want to make sure I don't finish up with a cold house for two weeks! Any tips would be very welcome.
Working...
X