Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: New evohome FW - update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IM35461 View Post
    Cold this morning with no heat
    The evohome screensaver said it was 05:52 (it is actually after 08:15). Touched the screen and it indicated 07:39 so I turned off auto clock update (which is beyond Honeywell to get working) and set the time. a few minutes later the heating came on.

The heating went off last night at about the normal time.

No failure email from Honeywell so I guess it was still talking and the android app which is working.

Not yet read all the thread to see if this is a common problem.

Edit: does not seem common and had the update since it was first released.
    Not a new problem with this firmware. I first reported the problem nearly two years ago. See my posts linked to in the clock stopped thread you link to above...

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now over the last 2 1/2 years. In all cases a reboot of the controller (batteries out while not on the dock) was required to rectify it.

It's not just that the time is wrong, the clock actually stops updating and gets "stuck" at one point in time indefinitely, hence the schedule stops running.

Automated Home Lurker

I am not 100% sure, because I'm not at home, but it seems to be ok now... the zones are warming up atm.

Automated Home Jr Member

I had the same clock issue yesterday morning too, set it to manual and will leave it at that. I've also had a few window open issues, I have altered the HR92 settings on the 2 offending rads but if they persist I will just disable them, not really an ideal fix though. I'm not aware of any other issues since the firmware update (I got the early beta test update) there certainly are a few things I'd like to see added to the next update though to improve the features, namely heat demand icon on the home screen (don't think anyone is in disagreement with that) separate customisable zone orientation on the lock screen, facility to have more set points in the schedule. The local weather still doesn't work on the app though, other than that mine seems to working well, tell a lie I am getting very varying Temps of hot water, sometimes it's hot and others it's skin peeling hot with no noticeable pattern when it's doing it

Automated Home Jr Member

Had to open my mouth! Got home last night and went for a shower and the bathroom was freezing and rad stone cold, should have been on for 15mins by this time. HR92 was showing the preset temp which was 5 degree hotter that it actually was in there. Checked the bdr91 that was off, controller was showing the room temp and set temp as it was, about 5 degree difference, checked in the settings and the demand was 0%, went into the garage to check the boiler wasn't in fault, that was OK. Tried manually setting the bathroom on the screen and the HR92 to a lower value and back again but nothing. Switched the heating off on the screen and back on, nothing. Tried a different rad and it fired up now problem. Gave it a minute then set that back to normal. Checked the bdr91 again and it had stayed on and the bathroom started heating and stayed as per the schedule then!
    Any suggestions?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Scointer View Post
    Thanks for this. I do know I can turn it off (and probably will) but I was just wondering why it suddenly seems to have started doing it after at least a year of not. My main concern was is the controller at fault or the new firmware, it is sort of calming to know others are having some issues and have only had firmware changes not hardware.
    Does the HR92's decide on their own if they should go into open window mode or does the controller use some sort of algorithm to decide and tell the HR92's?

Thanks everyone.
    There would appear to be something not quite right. I have only had a couple of window open events in 4 years. Earlier this week it happened in the kitchen and I blamed my dear wife. It happened again yesterday in 2 zones, and again this morning in 2 zones. I just wish that it could be over-ridden on the controller.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    There would appear to be something not quite right. I have only had a couple of window open events in 4 years. Earlier this week it happened in the kitchen and I blamed my dear wife. It happened again yesterday in 2 zones, and again this morning in 2 zones. I just wish that it could be over-ridden on the controller.
    I have manually changed the decrease temp to 1 on three of my six radiators and (touch wood) haven’t seen any open window alerts for the past couple of days. Although that doesn’t explain why they suddenly seem to have started doing it. I will keep monitoring my setup and this forum to see what comes up.

Automated Home Legend

This morning my kitchen zone (1 of 12 zones) failed to optimum start. I am pretty sure that the fault is linked to the sensor HR92 ( 1 of 3 in the zone) detecting a window open alert situation when I walked past it to make a cup of tea. The delayed start was exacerbated by the fact that when I got up about 25 minutes later, I took a shower which normally causes the the boiler to switch over to HW re-heat,. The zone started to heat about an hour later than normal. I have now disabled window open detection on the HR92.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quick question, can this new boost feature be accessed by other systems, like Smartthings, Alexa etc.

I had this fudged before by using IFTTT, Honeywell, and a trigger command. But asking Alexa to "trigger hot water" was a bit clunky.

With routines on Alexa you can now say something like "Alexa boost the hot water", which can in turn push a virtual ST switch, which can be picked up by IFTTT which can do the hot water boost. A bit convoluted. If the boost function can be directly accessed as a control option via alexa it would be nice.

Automated Home Sr Member

I rejigged my water heat and time settings to stop this happening. It’s also possible to calibrate how long and how much the temp drop has to be for before the window function kicks in.

Automated Home Guru

I've had some window-related issues the last week or two as well. More confusing is that the controller and the app don't see to show the window detection, they just seem to show it being up to temperature. We had a lot of confusion sitting in a freezing room that the app reported was at 24C. It was only on walking over to check the HR92 I saw the "WINDOW" message and a temperature display of 5. This is in a room that had the door shut and no window anywhere near the radiator.

I've since seen it in one or two other places too - I don't think it happened previously though it may be we just didn't notice. The fact it's not reported properly on the controller/app is more annoying - it's the kind of thing I might even like a notification through the app for!

I have noticed there are seemingly a lot of window-related settings, and the main window-setting (option 11 IIRC) has 3 options 0/1/2. I just set to 0 is that the best solution?