X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcopus
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2014

Think I’ve answered my own question but thoughts welcome.

I just noticed one of two radiators in a room was receiving hot water and not the other, or at least one of them was receiving significantly more hot water.
    There was no heat demand on the controller for this zone but there was elsewhere.
    Eventually there was a heat demand in this zone and both radiators started getting warm. I checked the valve position on both radiators and it was the same on each.

I set the zone to a very low temperature and both HR92’s shut down to 0. Both radiators then received no hot water so there was no problem with the valves or seating of the HR92.

So my conclusion is that the master HR92 has a very different valve throw than the other slave. I’m certain this is likely true as I recently replaced the master radiator and valve so it’s no longer the same as the slave one.

To overcome the difference in valve throws and radiator output I’ll change this room to a multi zone.

Comment

• rotor
      Automated Home Guru
      • Aug 2015

They operate in tandem. I have two radiators in the master bedroom, and you can hear them, always together. If they were operating independently you would hear one or the other, but they *always* go together.

Comment

• rvb99
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2017

They have to operate in tandam For a single zone as the HR92 acting as sensor could be replaced with a room thermostat . In that case the system would have to synchronize the 2 HR92s .
        Btw in my rooms with multiple radiators with HR92s I have fitted room Y87RF thermostats. The level of control and comfort is much better than relying on one of the HR92s as sensor.

Comment

Working...
        X