• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Midori
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2015

Bdr91a 1000 1516 3 st1 e

I installed my Evohome Oct 2015 and up till now it has been working fine.
    Recently one of my BDR91A relays has had a flashing red light occasionally, occasionally the connected zone valve not opening, but nothing showing in the fault logs. Overnight, or next day, the BDR91 and zone valve would be back to normal next day. Sometimes using Away or Economy would cause the red light to flash, but overnight the system would be back to normal next day.

I decided to unbind and rebind the BDR, but the flashing red light would not turn itself off, despite a "success" message.
    I have a spare BRD so I swopped it with the faulty BRD and completed the binding sucessfully. (red light stopped flashing).

I am assuming the original BDR91 is faulty. Is there anywhere it can be tested or reconditioned?
    Assoc IHVE; Matthew Hall Satchwell MW Kellogg CompAir; posts are personal and my own view
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Interestingly I had the same issue just before Christmas with a BD91 in my "posh garden shed/office" running the electric heater. Tried a clear then rebind, then a zone delete and add, then battery pull on the controller and then finally a full controller factory reset. In between each action I cleared and rebound the BDR91 and had the same red flashing light issue. As I have another BDR91 as the boiler relay I tried swapping them and hey presto no more flashing red light on either! Still don't know what caused it though

Comment

Working...
    X