• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NickNightingale
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2018

Evehome initial setup

I think I must be being stupid but here goes:

I have a simple Y plan system at the moment and I just want the Evohome to operate with one zone for now using the controller as the thermostat (no HR92). The system is wired as per the diagram in the installation manual. I can use the guided setup and add the tank thermostat, HW BD91 and CH BD91, but that leaves me without any zone to control the heating. Is there way around this?
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by NickNightingale View Post
    I think I must be being stupid but here goes:

I have a simple Y plan system at the moment and I just want the Evohome to operate with one zone for now using the controller as the thermostat (no HR92). The system is wired as per the diagram in the installation manual. I can use the guided setup and add the tank thermostat, HW BD91 and CH BD91, but that leaves me without any zone to control the heating. Is there way around this?
    I have done this previously so it is possible, but can't remember exactly what I did as it's been a while. I think you need to just create a zone rather than just follow the guided set up, then add the HW on later, it'll then ask you to pair the HW BDR91 and CH BDR91 in the HW set up and leave the existing zone intact.

Comment

• NickNightingale
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2018

Thank you for your reply. I have hope now! I think the problem I am having is if I just create the first zone I can add the controller as the thermostat but it requires an actuator. My actuator is effectively the CH on the Y valve which gets added with the stored water heating.

Comment

• NickNightingale
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2018

Maybe if I create a zone which uses the CH actuator as a zone valve and then add the HW and rebind the CH valve to the HW?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

You could always just set up the HW as a single valve, then create a zone and bind the CH BDR91 as a actuator for the zone you create. It's the same thing really, however when you add any HR92's etc in the future you will have to rebind the HW & CH BDR91s.

Comment

• NickNightingale
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2018

I really appreciate your help. I do have a couple of HR92s (I need to get someone in to put TRV bases on most of the radiators) so I installed it in the kitchen where the controller is and set it up a proper zone. That should do what I want I think with all the radiators in the hose being slaved to the kitchen. The house is starting to warm up again now!

Comment

Working...
            X