• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marty
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2016

Evohome Clock Stopped.

My heating didn't come on this morning and when I checked the controller the clock had stopped at 5:52AM.
    I didn't do anything with it straight away and I looked at it again at about 6:55AM and was still showing 5:52.
    I thought I would take a battery out to reset it but as soon as I lifted it out of the cradle the clock jumped to the correct time an the unit started working normally.
    Has anyone else had this happen this morning?
    I know it has been mentioned before.
    Do you think it's a firmware or a server fault?
    Funny thing is the time has been spot on the last few months and it never used to be.
  • rmichaelpage
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Marty View Post
    My heating didn't come on this morning and when I checked the controller the clock had stopped at 5:52AM.
    I didn't do anything with it straight away and I looked at it again at about 6:55AM and was still showing 5:52.
    I thought I would take a battery out to reset it but as soon as I lifted it out of the cradle the clock jumped to the correct time an the unit started working normally.
    Has anyone else had this happen this morning?
    I know it has been mentioned before.
    Do you think it's a firmware or a server fault?
    Funny thing is the time has been spot on the last few months and it never used to be.
    Exact same thing happened to me this morning, the clock was showing 4.45 am but reverted to 6.10 when I tapped into the Home page. All my zones continued to show the 4.45 settings, so I had to increase the temperatures manually to the levels programmed for 6.10. It was as if the controller treated the lower 4.45 temperatures as if they were manual overrides when the clock came back to the right time. The time updates from the internet connection so I'm wondering whether my internet connection went down temporarily?

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

This is a problem that has been reported before - a forum search should turn up plenty of previous discussion about it.

I've personally had it happen a couple of times in the 3 years I've had my system. When it's happened to me I've had to reboot the controller to get the clock working again.

Comment

• rmichaelpage
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2018

I looked at several other threads from users with a similar problem. Perhaps I am lucky, but the clock stop has not recurred and I haven't had to reboot the controller. I hope it was a one-off perhaps caused by a problem with the internet connection.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

For me it was a two off.

Comment

Working...
          X