• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattie.whittaker
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2017

Cry for Help - Evohome Wiring Assistance

Hello,

Really need some help. I've got an ideal logic heat 15 boiler which supplies a range tribune HE pressurised cylinder in the first floor. The boiler requires a permanent live.

What I have done so far:

I have disconnected the two CH valves and have locked them open. I have messed about with the wiring and have now got a permanent live to both the boiler and both BDR91s.

What I am really struggling with, is where to terminate the black and grey connections from the BDR91. The wiring diagram suggests that this goes straight back to the boiler, however, I need to terminate this into the range tribune JB in order to energies the DHW valve, pump and thermostat.

If any one could point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks - Matt
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by mattie.whittaker View Post
    Hello,

Really need some help. I've got an ideal logic heat 15 boiler which supplies a range tribune HE pressurised cylinder in the first floor. The boiler requires a permanent live.

What I have done so far:

I have disconnected the two CH valves and have locked them open. I have messed about with the wiring and have now got a permanent live to both the boiler and both BDR91s.

What I am really struggling with, is where to terminate the black and grey connections from the BDR91. The wiring diagram suggests that this goes straight back to the boiler, however, I need to terminate this into the range tribune JB in order to energies the DHW valve, pump and thermostat.

If any one could point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks - Matt
    Think we need a bit more information than that....However we can assume.

So you've got a boiler relay and a HW relay, i'm assuming the black and grey wires you speak of are from A & B on the relays? If so then you only need one wire from B. On both relays you need a link in from the spare L port on the relay to A. On the Boiler relay you need the wire from B going to the S/L on the boiler. On the HW relay you need the wire from B going to the brown wire on the HW motorised valve.

Nothing but the boiler should be energising the pump. As it's got a permanent live, it must have a pump overrun. So the power for the pump should come directly from the boiler.

The boiler relay

Comment

Working...
    X