• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

HGI80 hot water termperature no longer showing in domoticz

HGI80 has been working fine with domoticz - lots of insight and has allowed me to fine tune my installation (eg realised my hot water valve was running too long because hot water very slow to reach temperature => increase boiler temperature and now nice clear cut offs).

However, hot water temperature has stopped being recorded. I am pretty sure that this co-incides with a beta update - have now deleted and readded the device but no joy which means I don't know the exact date and so can't correlate to a particular release (not even sure how to downgrade domoticz).

Before I go mad searching - is anyone else seeing this problem on the latest betas?
    Is there a way to get the HGI80 logs to diagnose whether the messages are there?
    Is there a repository for domoticz previous versions?

I posted on the domoticz forums but no responses...
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I am on Version: 3.9485 and all good.

Comment

• Jabes
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2017

I am on 3.9639 so will try to downgrade

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Or I can upgrade and let you know?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Version: 3.9639 now and still all OK.

Comment

• Jabes
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            Version: 3.9639 now and still all OK.
            Thanks Bruce, watch the HGI80 reported hot water temperature. For me it suddenly stopped giving me readings - all other sensors reporting in.
            The Evohome itself (and via the web api) I can still see the temperature.

It could be coverage related but would seem curious as some of the other sensors are further away!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

My HW has been tracking the correct continuously changing temperature. No issues. I can see the (Hot Water) zone message in the Logs too, which shows that it is being received and processed as normal.

Comment

• Jabes
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Aug 2017

My HW has been tracking the correct continuously changing temperature. No issues. I can see the (Hot Water) zone message in the Logs too, which shows that it is being received and processed as normal.
                Curious! I wonder what the next step is.

I will move the HGI80 a bit (it is pretty much where it has always been) and see if it makes a difference. I don't think you can turn on the detailed logs without building the system yourself but that might be the next step (to check they are not being received and ignored later in the processing)...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

Are you seeing any (Hot Water) zone messages in the log?

Comment

• Jabes
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Aug 2017

Are you seeing any (Hot Water) zone messages in the log?
                    No. I'm trying to delete and re-add to domoticz to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• Jabes
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Jabes View Post
                      No. I'm trying to delete and re-add to domoticz to see if that makes a difference.
                      Well all the other zones have come back (some not with the right names yet), HW valve and CH valves but no hot water temperatures so far.
                      I wonder if it is worth rebinding, but it is obviously working to the main controller - as functionally and via web api it all looks good

Comment

• Jabes
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Jabes View Post
                        Curious! I wonder what the next step is.

I will move the HGI80 a bit (it is pretty much where it has always been) and see if it makes a difference. I don't think you can turn on the detailed logs without building the system yourself but that might be the next step (to check they are not being received and ignored later in the processing)...
                        Well it's like it was before. The Hot Water entry has been created but with no temperature against it; I guess this is from a message which isn't the temperature report itself - those look entirely missing.

Best wishes
                        James

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

I don't know what it could be but mine has been working fine since I updated yesterday morning.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jul 2014

Two things I would try is, check the terminal output of the HGI80 and see if you can even see the HW temp message coming in.
                            Put some debug messages in the code and recompile the code.
                            You will have to probably force some HW temperature changes because otherwise those messages are sent very infrequently.

Comment

• Jabes
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Aug 2017

Two things I would try is, check the terminal output of the HGI80 and see if you can even see the HW temp message coming in.
                              Put some debug messages in the code and recompile the code.
                              You will have to probably force some HW temperature changes because otherwise those messages are sent very infrequently.
                              I'm forwarding messages from a remote raspberrypi using ser2net so that makes a nice place to add a log of the raw output, which I will now do. Is there any documentation which will show me which messages I am looking for?

Comment

Working...
                              X