• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Evohome iPad app

Anybody any knowledge on whether after all these years we will get a properly compatible app for the iPad? I read some progress has been made by Apple to help with this in that IOS 12, when released, will provide a better presentation of an iPhone app on an iPad, but it is time the Evohome app could be used on a tablet and we don’t have to keep using the app in portrait mode. Like many, I use my iPad in landscape mode most of the time. The one time I can’t is using the Evohome app.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

For everyday operations I find the web view on the TCC website more usable than the app, on an ipad.

P.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      For everyday operations I find the web view on the TCC website more usable than the app, on an ipad.

P.
      Can’t edit schedules though.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

True, which is why I added the qualifier. I don't edit schedules every day.

P.

Comment

• Jabes
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2017

I know this isn't the thread, but the reason I didn't originally buy evohome was because it doesn't appear to be moving on - almost abandonned. I did end up with it because it does, for the most part, work - and I had particular issues with the way Tado was entirely cloud based.

But Drayton and Tado are catching up - in some ways are already better. If Honeywell don't pull their finger out then evohome will just be an interesting niche product that existed for a while.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

I am nearly 4 years in with Evohome and I don’t think I would change to anything else. It works and it works well, generally provided you stop playing with it. Where it could be better is the Control Panel needs better touch sensitivity, we need more custom menu facilities, the software on the web site needs to be more useful (more editing ability), the appearance of the app is poor, it feels a little clunky (if that is the right word), it desperately needs integration with HomeKit. But in reality these are minor improvements for the system does work. Designer tweaks will not make it work better although I accept it makes using the product nicer. And there is where Honeywell need to catch up.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

6C41BDC4-5B1A-4287-82F0-1BF928A54B91.jpg

It's when I see things like this I wonder “why can’t we have this interface?”

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1272[/ATTACH]

It's when I see things like this I wonder “why can’t we have this interface?”
                Considering we are using a Honeywell product it does make you wonder where they are focussed. Home automation is a rapidly growing market, they are in it but won’t win it with what they have at present yet I suspect not a lot needs to be done to achieve it all.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

It just needs the Evohome controller porting to more modern hardware (which obviously exists from the photo above - our Windows CE based units would struggle to do that). And the photo shows that Honeywell has the in-house skills to do more modern UX too.

I *do* understand the "It works so don't piss with it" philosophy, but it really risks Evohome (and those who've adopted it) being left behind.

Comment

• smar
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                    Can’t edit schedules though.
                    Because of this, I put together a nodejs app that gives me web based schedule editing. If anyone's interested, I'm happy to put it on github.

Comment

• mozster
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by smar View Post
                      Because of this, I put together a nodejs app that gives me web based schedule editing. If anyone's interested, I'm happy to put it on github.
                      I'd be interested in your nodejs app... was thinking of attempting something similar when I found this post

Comment

• smar
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by mozster View Post
                        I'd be interested in your nodejs app... was thinking of attempting something similar when I found this post
                        I'm a bit tied up with work at the moment, but will try to upload it to github over the coming week or so.

Comment

• mozster
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by smar View Post
                          I'm a bit tied up with work at the moment, but will try to upload it to github over the coming week or so.
                          Brill, thanks

Comment

• smar
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Feb 2018

Uploaded to https://github.com/smar000/evohome-Scheduler-GUI. Note that I haven't really looked at the code for quite some time, and as it wasn't originally coded for public consumption, it is probably not as tidy as it could be...

Comment

• mozster
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Jun 2016

looks to be a lot fuller featured than I expected, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X