• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulryan
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2005

2nd Generation X10 Modules

Has anyone any information on these new X10 modules offered from Hong Kong on ebay ?

• darkknight
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2005

Re: 2nd Generation X10 Modules

I've just ordered some of the peices, so I can update you on how good or bad they are.

I should get them by Christmas.

Comment

• danward79
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jul 2004

If you are ordering the appliance type switches, I would be careful as in the description it says for fluro lights and in the manual it says not for fluro lights!...
      Cheers

Dan

Comment

• dannyBoy
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Dec 2005

Just got my big pack of the new x10sq modules through. Blue LED's and very slim/small making the old modules look dated. They work really well, got plug in switch/dimmer and wall switch/dimmer modules - also tried the claim of btter responce to weaker signals and it seems to be true, had a socket in my house (which is wired 3 phase) which would not work (i even have the 3 phase booster module wired in at the meter) and now it seems fine. Nice point is that the blue LED on the plug in modules just flashes when the device is switched. Also has an on off soft switch on the actual modules so no more unplug - replug to get this to come on manually. 10/10 so far...

Daniel

Comment

• darkknight
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2005

I can't wait to get mine!

@Danny - Did you order the IR balster by any chance ?
          Would be interesting to see how well that works....

Comment

• wywywywy
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2005

Sorry to sound daft but... I can't see a blue LED on the wall switch from the pic of the eBay page?

Comment

• theendisnye
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2004

Has anyone received any of these that can comment on their build quality and effectiveness? I am seeking to use some of the double micro switches.

Steve

Comment

• danward79
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by theendisnye
                Has anyone received any of these that can comment on their build quality and effectiveness? I am seeking to use some of the double micro switches.

Steve
                I have a double load 3 wire micro module.

The module works very well, and is near silent in operation. I found installation a breeze.

One thing to beware of, is that the control wires exit at the back of the module in such a way as it would be possible to crush them. I added some spacing washers behind my module before I secured in position.

The other thing to be aware of is that the control wires, have no strain releif as they leave the module to stop them pulling on the pcb were they are attached by solder. I opened my module and just put a loose "knot" in them as a group to help with that.

Don't be too frierce with tightening the load and neutral or live connections either. These are only secured by solder to the pcb. There is not a lot of support in the case for them.

I did not have any problems with all of the above, they were just points I noticed when I opened up the modules.

These devices do not support 2-way com's either, unlike the modules availble from UK suppliers.

On the whole I have found the module to be good. It has not missed a beat yet.

Hope that helps
                Cheers

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X