• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnnyknight
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2006

help! naughty x10comm.vxd

used activehome for a year, but had to re-build PC due to a dodgy modem. Reinstalled winxp from scratch, but now there's some kind of conflict with my com port i think which means that active home will not communicate with my CM12U. Message I get is check that x10comm.vxd is in my home path. stupd thing.

I downloaded the homeseer 30 day trial which works, so I know that CM12U hasn't blown up.

read through and tried the various suggestions on here, - ie selecting various coms during install not through properties, and even running in compatibility mode. What am I missing?

JK 8O
  • bmcomp
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2004

Re: help! naughty x10comm.vxd

Did you check in the device manager for conflicts. If you check the under Resources in properties windows should tell you whats conflicting. Check that devices don't have the same IRQ number. Maybe your new modem is conflicting with your com ports? Maybe disable your modem in device manager and see if you can use the com port then? I think it's trial and error!

Not sure about the X10comm.vxd. I haven't used X10 as of yet. :?

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Re: help! naughty x10comm.vxd

I've had a similar problem in the past when I used activehome. Things to check. Is the Activehome bridge open. This is normally shown as an icon on the bottom right. Unplug the CM12 and remove the batteries. All the batteries do is keep the clock going during power cuts. Leave it like this for at least a couple of hours. Re-insert the batteries and connect it all up.
      You may want to try and re-install the Activehome software. Do you know what version you have. There are versions for 98, 2000 and XP.
      If you go onto www.marmitek.com you will find a page to download the various versions, there is a help file if you have driver problems so it might be worth downloading this as well.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X