• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stoop_uk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2005

Cable, faceplates and patch panels

Hi folks..

Where do you get your cat5 cable, rj45 faceplates and patch panels from? I'm looking for (in particular) a cheap 12-24 port patch panel and some kind of 2U wall mountable rack for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    Stew
    Stewart Priest
    Twitter :: Blog
  • Eddie
    Administrator
    • Jan 2004

Re: Cable, faceplates and patch panels

Originally posted by stoop_uk
    Where do you get your cat5 cable, rj45 faceplates and patch panels from? I'm looking for (in particular) a cheap 12-24 port patch panel and some kind of 2U wall mountable rack for it.
    tlc-direct are pretty good...

ADSL Adaptors & Sockets, USB Chargers, Network Cables & Accessories. Trade Counter Services, Nationwide Delivery or Click & Collect. Buy online from TLC.

Cheers

Ed.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Try www.minitran.co.uk . They are also very very helpful if you give them a ring or send them an email.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• TimH
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2004

If you don't mind using 2nd hand gear then eBay is going to be the cheapest place for patch panels & cabinets. There's not much that can go wrong with that stuff that isn't obvious from a visual inspection.

For cables, I've found these guys to be the very good and good service too, although the delivery charge is a bit of a sting when you're only buying cables at 30-odd pence each. If you're local then collection by appointment could be an option.

(no connection, just a happy customer)

They're also the cheapest I'd found for fibre optic patch cords.

HTH,

Tim.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

• foxgeorge
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Dec 2011

I think you can get from here : http://www.dttuk.co.uk/category.htm?...ctured-cabling
          Home Inspectors Ft Lauderdale

Comment

• gazza_d
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2011

I usually manage to scrounge used faceplates, patch panels, and cabling from the networking guys at work.If you work in a large organisation, then ask a friendly IT guy. Shy bairns get nowt!

If I need to buy new, then for domestic quantities over a counter, I have found Screwfix to be very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
            X