The Apple Mac mini continues to provide server duties for many homes, and now OSX Lion Server is even easier than ever to install and use. Here’s a neat 1U hight rackmount enclosure for either one or two minis side-by-side…
“Mac mini computers make sweet servers for most applications. However, integrating them into a rack poses some challenges. How do you securely mount the minis? How do you keep them cool? How do you turn them on without pulling them out of the rack? How do you plug in a thumb drive for a quick update? Sonnet’s RackMac mini solves all these challenges and more!
This fully-assembled rackmount solution for the latest line of Mac mini servers and computers supports the installation of one or two Mac minis side-by-side into 1U of rack space. Constructed of rugged steel, the RackMac mini places the computers behind a smart front panel. The RackMac mini’s design manages airflow through the computers to keep them as cool as ambient air. Stack them close and stack them high for a Mac mini server farm. The RackMac mini provides a front panel power switch and front panel USB port for each computer!
- Securely installs one or two Mac mini servers or computers inside a 1U rackmount enclosure
- 1U height and standard mounting holes allow RackMac mini to be installed easily into any standard equipment rack
- Top cover padding which holds the computers firmly in place during transport and 11-inch mounting depth make RackMac mini perfectly suited for portable rack installations
- Manages airflow from front to back through each computer to keep them ambient temperature chill, even when RackMac mini is mounted between two other components
- Front panel openings allow insertion of CDs and DVDs, use of the IR receiver, and viewing of power indicator LEDs
- Front panel buttons enable operation of the computers’ rear mounted power switches
- Front panel USB ports allow connection of a USB peripheral (keyboard, flash drive, etc.) to each computer
- Provides open access to back of the computers to connect and disconnect cables
- Cable tie holes enable you to secure the power cord and other attached cables and avoid accidental disconnects while keeping them tidy”