Boxee have just released their own iPhone remote control app on the iTunes store. The free app has a regular button mode and a second more interesting “gesture” interface. The Boxee team are asking users for feedback so they can take the project forward offering more functionality…
“Took a while, but we finally got our iPhone remote app approved. should be good news for anybody who lost their tiny Apple remote.. : )
it is very basic, but we think it’s a good start. Based on your feedback we’ll add more functionality to it so please post your ideas on getsatisfaction.com/boxee.
- the boxee remote app has two modes: Gesture and Buttons
- in the Gesture mode you need to hold down your thumb and move it around in order to navigate.
- clicking on the boxee logo acts as Select/Play/Pause
- dragging the boxee logo to the edges of the screen will act as a continuous up/down/left/right
- clicking in an input field will open up the iPhone Qwerty keyboard and will enable you to easily enter text
- the app works over WiFi, so make sure the WiFi on your iPhone is turned on
let us know what you think!”